Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Optional

join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to HiVolt

Re: Voltage decision is in

So what, the people who got targeted by Voltage will just get angry letters?

mike0z

@teksavvy.com

whatever happened to "cease and desist" Also, with the cap on copyright infringement at $5000 (and i think i read in an earlier article that in all reality one time infringes who are brought to court would only end up paying a few hundred if that) combined with voltage having to pay all TSI's legal costs, doesn't it end up being kind of a waste of time for them? Especially if they cant blatantly Lie and threaten in their letters..

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by mike0z :

whatever happened to "cease and desist" Also, with the cap on copyright infringement at $5000 (and i think i read in an earlier article that in all reality one time infringes who are brought to court would only end up paying a few hundred if that) combined with voltage having to pay all TSI's legal costs, doesn't it end up being kind of a waste of time for them? Especially if they cant blatantly Lie and threaten in their letters..

Ding ding ding.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

abcjak

join:2012-12-18

so i guess the next step for Voltage *should* be to pay up and get the names of those 1000 (or whatever) TSI customers they originally asked for who were accused of downloading a crappy steven seagal (?) movie. Let's see if they go ahead with it. What was the cost of each name search? was it around $100?

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by abcjak:

so i guess the next step for Voltage *should* be to pay up and get the names of those 1000 (or whatever) TSI customers they originally asked for who were accused of downloading a crappy steven seagal (?) movie. Let's see if they go ahead with it. What was the cost of each name search? was it around $100?

Their next step *should* be to walk away and pretend it never happened. Just to get the names from Teksavvy will require an up front payment of hundreds of thousands of dollars. I don't see how they can recover that, let alone make a profit, with the conditions that were placed on them.