spc
uniqs
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

3 edits

dishrich to Ken_H

to Ken_H

Re: [Comcast Equip] Comcast HD DTA review - plain jane version with no guide. Yet.

said by Ken_H:

The other interesting thing is that a few of the HD channels in my tier, Digital Preferred, are in the channel lineup but say I'm not authorized; e.g DIY HD, Sprout HD, HUB HD, Disney FX, National Geographic HD.

The reason why you are seeing them on DTA's is because those few channels, are not only in Preferred, but ALSO part of the Family tier. (but are NOT in Starter)
You probably will also see this happen with a few of the Latino channels that are in Preferred; it's because they are ALSO part of the Latino tier. (again, but NOT in Starter)
The same thing also applies for any/all Sports & Entertainment channels; if they ALSO appear on other (lower) tiers of service, they you'll get them on the DTA's - otherwise they won't.

But the problem in our case w/these HD channels, is that the HD versions of these channels are NOT even in the DTA channel maps. And since you CAN have HD service on these other (lower) tiers, I don't understand why the HD versions should not ALSO work on the DTA's!
Are you saying you CAN actually punch in these HD channels, & the channel actually comes up on the DTA?

It's the same thing in our area & which I posted in my review; however, it was only after I got a new channel lineup last weekend, that I figured out exactly WHY it's happening. So unless any of the other Preferred channels get added &/or moved to lower tiers, I doubt we'll be seeing any other Preferred channels on DTA's.
said by Ken_H:

there are a number of the more recently added Digital Preferred channels that are available; e.g. Oxygen HD, UP HD, ID HD, BBC America.

You need to get an updated channel list for your area; however, these same channels were recently moved up into the Starter tier in many markets (they were in ours & other Central areas) - hence why you ARE getting them now. Has NOTHING to do w/how CMC distributes them...

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by dishrich:

said by Ken_H:

The other interesting thing is that a few of the HD channels in my tier, Digital Preferred, are in the channel lineup but say I'm not authorized; e.g DIY HD, Sprout HD, HUB HD, Disney FX, National Geographic HD.

The reason why you are seeing them on DTA's is because those few channels, are not only in Preferred, but ALSO part of the Family tier. (but are NOT in Starter)
You probably will also see this happen with a few of the Latino channels that are in Preferred; it's because they are ALSO part of the Latino tier. (again, but NOT in Starter)
The same thing also applies for any/all Sports & Entertainment channels; if they ALSO appear on other (lower) tiers of service, they you'll get them on the DTA's - otherwise they won't.

Sounds like what Ken_H See Profile is seeing is described on this "Digital Adapter Enhancement FAQs" page: »customer.comcast.com/hel ··· ancement
quote:
What channels will my digital adapter service include once the enhancement is complete?
It depends on the level of service to which you subscribe to on your primary outlet. Our customers receiving Digital Economy, Family Tier, MultiLatino or MyTV Choice (select markets) will see most of the same channels that they receive on their primary outlet (excluding premium channels, XFINITY On Demand and levels above Digital Starter).
:
Will I see any other changes after the enhancement has occurred?
You may see a “Not Authorized” message when you tune to a channel that is not part of your service package.

Who will this enhancement affect?
Our customers with Digital Economy, Family Tier, MultiLatino or MyTV Choice (select markets) and Digital Adapter Additional Outlet service.

Ken_H
join:2004-03-15
Ann Arbor, MI
Netgear RAX15
ARRIS S33

Ken_H

quote:
You may see a “Not Authorized” message when you tune to a channel that is not part of your service package.
The ones I got the 'Not Authorized' message for are all part of the package I'm paying for.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

You have to get in touch with a Comcast billing rep on the phone so they can add you accounts "rate code" to the HD-DTA.