Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to train_wreck

Re: [CustSvc] "Comcast Business Broadband Performance Measurement Study"?

With my roller-coaster speeds on business-class, I'd love to run one of those. Unfortunately (for them), I don't use a gateway device. Oh well...
--
KI6RIT

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by n_w95482:

With my roller-coaster speeds on business-class, I'd love to run one of those. Unfortunately (for them), I don't use a gateway device. Oh well...

You might not like using the SamKnows box under those conditions anyway. What I saw was not an up and down roller coaster ride...it was driving over a cliff and crashing in the valley below.

When I used it in conjunction with the SMCD3G using a mixture of public static IP addresses and NAT addresses, it would crash perhaps two-three times a week (but sometimes it might make it a full week without crashing). However, when I changed my Comcast account to use dynamic IP addresses (first with the SMCD3G in bridge mode, and later with an SB6121) so that I could start using Comcast's IPv4/IPv6 dual stack, it would crash two-three times per day. The Samknow box (at least the one I had) just seemed to not handle not being behind a NAT router and/or having multiple public gateways very gracefully (at that time every router and server I had behind it was on a different Comcast subnet and had a different gateway). Possibly if I had used a single NAT router and routed all of my traffic through the SamKnows box to that single NAT router (just as if I had a Comcast residential account with a single public IP address), it might have worked flawlessly, but that was not how my network was/is setup.
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.