TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to resa1983

Re: Voltage vs Teksavvy decision

So sounds like Voltage could go after the pirates if they wanted but with all the cost and time involved I really don't see them doing it.

Is tek allowed to say just how much all this BS has cost them?

rednekcowboy

join:2012-03-21
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac
said by TOPDAWG:

So sounds like Voltage could go after the pirates if they wanted but with all the cost and time involved I really don't see them doing it.

The costs alone to Tek likely make this case an already losing proposition for Vulture, so I doubt they will go ahead. I don't know what kind of lawyer fees Tek has at this point, but I'm sure that bill is quite high as this has dragged on for quite some time. Before Vulture even gets started they have to cut that cheque.

One thing I think the judge should have demanded at this point is that Tek get paid no matter what. They've already done all of the work + the battle in court. If Vulture decides not to move ahead, Tek is out all of that money, unless they turn around and sue for it.

Though if the judge ordered Vulture to pay Tek regardless, then they would get the names regardless. So I guess if they don't pay then it sucks for Tek but it's great for those 2000 people!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

I believe they said it was about $200K just to correlate the IP addresses to subscriber names. No mention of legal fees or any other fees.
--

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
god lord that is a lot of wasted cash. is Voltage a US company? if so I see them delaying or just outright not tiring to pay tek what they owe them.

The US would not really care about a ruling from a cdn court. thanks for the info red and volt.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Yeah they are a US studio... they are an active copyright troll in the US, and figured they'd try their luck here...
--