share rss forum feed

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2
reply to MAIZnBLUE

Re: [SU] iOS 7.0.6 is out

I'm amazed that you could update 4 devices within 5 minutes- for my iPad 2 and iPhone 5, it took iTunes about 10 minutes (5 minutes for each device) just to download the software from Apple. Total update time (for both devices) was about 20 minutes.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
said by daveinpoway:

I'm amazed that you could update 4 devices within 5 minutes

Yeah. It only took 1-2 minutes to download but it is taking forever to update. The iPhone has been on the Apple logo screen with the progress bar (which is progressing) for a good 15 minutes already. The iPad 3 seems to be taking just as long.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to daveinpoway
said by daveinpoway:

I'm amazed that you could update 4 devices within 5 minutes- for my iPad 2 and iPhone 5, it took iTunes about 10 minutes (5 minutes for each device) just to download the software from Apple. Total update time (for both devices) was about 20 minutes.

If you update on the iPhone/iPad itself via OTA, it only does a delta update (only downloads/modifies changed files). Updating via iTunes does what amounts to a full restore.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2
Ah, now I understand.

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA
reply to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

said by daveinpoway:

If you update on the iPhone/iPad itself via OTA, it only does a delta update (only downloads/modifies changed files). Updating via iTunes does what amounts to a full restore.

IF you have an iTunes past 11.1.3 that works...
--
GuruGuy

MAIZnBLUE
Premium
join:2004-01-15
Milan, MI

2 edits
reply to daveinpoway
I did them all simultaneously over my Wi-Fi and it took just about five minutes. IPad 2, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5s, iPad air...

Just did my dads ipad air the same way, 6min15sec. From agreeing to update to reboot after update in place back to working order.