Re: [Speed] RCN Lehighvalley Pa Download and Up Load

Their was a tech out last week and he installed a filer for noise in the box

Bruce
GregSC2
join:2013-05-31
Allentown, PA

GregSC2 to duzmor

to duzmor
Just wanted to add that these congestion issues still very much exist.

A technician was sent out last week and said everything looked good.

Tonight at around 10:00pm the speeds dropped to 8mbps. Not only that but jitter and latency are unacceptable.

This also doesn't exclude the fact that the RCN speedtest is a blatant lie as well as misrepresentation of speeds. (Peak speed at 20 mbps and then 3 mbps for the whole duration of the test. Do you really consider this 20 mbps RCN? Yikes).

Another technician is being sent out. Not sure what RCN is getting at since a tech already came out to check the lines. Turns out the lines don't magically turn bad during peak hours.

Will update this thread if my issues are ever corrected.
Taynav
join:2014-03-14
US

Taynav to duzmor

to duzmor
Click for full size
Signed up just to chime in on this problem as well. Started around the end of February. In the Lehigh Valley area (South Whitehall). Pay for 75/15 service, same experience as duzmor and GregSC2. Speed is ok-ish during the day (rarely breaks 50mbps though), around 6pm downstream starts dropping and by 10pm its under 5mbps. Upstream never seems to suffer though, tests show it around 15mbps any time I've run one.

For what its worth my encoded Mac.

Encoded Mac: 7f58c43ab206528b5c815c53b1260abde0c2894d

Had techs out twice now. Amusingly, RCN lost all record of the second tech visit so they're going to send a third one. SMT came out once, at 8am... found no issue and closed the ticket. Second tech that was here ran a fresh line from the street and tested with a new modem and his laptop, same issue. Definitely seems to be something on the RCN side. I had thought it was just my neighborhood but seems like it might be a wider issue if others are having the same issue.

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

3 edits

Pacomartin

said by Taynav:

Pay for 75/15 service, same experience as duzmor and GregSC2. Speed is ok-ish during the day (rarely breaks 50mbps though), around 6pm downstream starts dropping and by 10pm its under 5mbps.

Given that LV prices are so much higher than Philadelphia, it would seem that the fair thing would be to sell all service in LV for the $39.99 price and you get what you get. Don't advertise what you can't deliver.
GregSC2
Allentown, PA

GregSC2

We got a call from the head of network operations the other day. Supposedly they are going to fix issues in the 1st week of April.

I did not talk with him directly so I will call and clarify if the issues aren't corrected by then. Cross your fingers guys!
GregSC2

1 edit

GregSC2 to duzmor

to duzmor
It's getting worse and worse as the days go on. Can't even play games without lagging out and angering myself and everyone in the game.

This is really suboptimal and hopefully it will be fixed as promised.
Real Neil
join:2009-11-23
Drexel Hill, PA

Real Neil

Same issue in Drexel Hill. Get 50 (signed up for 50) early in the morning and at times on the weekends, proving there is no problem within my house. Evening weeknights lucky to get over 20M. Some evening down to 10 and 15. Working with support, they insisted on rolling a truck. Tried to reason with the customer service supervisor that a truck roll was not necessary but they insisted they could not open a ticket without one. Of course when the tech was here this Saturday morning the speeds were fine and all the levels were within spec's. I like RCN but I do not appreciate the inconvenience of have a tech visit when it is fairly obvious RCN has a problem with their network. I can accept RCN has a problem with their network and are working on it. I cannot accept when calling support they will not acknowledge they have a problem, instead waste my time with modem resets and service calls.
GregSC2
Allentown, PA

4 edits

GregSC2 to duzmor

to duzmor
500 ping in counter-strike with no net utilization. looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better.....

Taynav
join:2014-03-14
US

Taynav to GregSC2

to GregSC2
said by GregSC2:

We got a call from the head of network operations the other day. Supposedly they are going to fix issues in the 1st week of April.

I just got a similar call this morning. Though I got the date of 2nd week in April. Seems like there is awareness of the issue, just need to suffer through it for a bit longer.
GregSC2
Allentown, PA

GregSC2 to duzmor

to duzmor
Just want to keep this updated until the problems are fixed. Sunday 3/23/14 @ 8:30PM:

System

to GregSC2

Anon

to GregSC2

(topic move) Bethlehem Speed issues

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[Speed] Bethlehem Speed issues
duzmor
join:2010-03-15
Allentown, PA

duzmor

Re: [Speed] RCN Lehighvalley Pa Download and Up Load

Click for full size
Hi This my speed on a 50 mg down - $50.00 a month at 9:15 pm in the Lehighvalley Pa