Search similar:

uniqs
jsouth
Jsouth
join:2000-12-12
Wichita, KS

jsouth

[Scam] US Mortgage

Got a call from some one from Number# (484)-589-5642 on my cell number. Guy claimed to be from US mortgage company and they were running a survey on how much people pay on their mortgage in my area. I politely told him I wasn't interested and refused to give any info. He then tried to give me a high pressure sales pitch which I just hung up on. I called the corporate number of the real US mortgage company and they said there was no survey and thanked me for the info. if I call the number back it goes to a voice mail box. How do I stop these scammers?

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

You can block the number if your phone has that feature. However, telemarketers have gazillions of numbers they use. They also call entire blocks of area codes and/or prefixes. Now if the scammer asked for you by NAME, that's an indication that somehow/somewhere your name and phone number are out there in public la-la land.

Report them to DoNotCall.gov but remember that the scammers don't play by the rules. As a last resort, you could always change your phone number and use something like the app Burner.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to jsouth

Premium Member

to jsouth
said by jsouth:

How do I stop these scammers?

The easy answer? You can't. The easiest way of dealing with them is exactly what you did. If you feed into it, it only lets them and their cohorts know that they got a 'live one'. Changing your number really solves nothing as you will be up on the next "call list" for whoever is trying to scam you out of whatever information.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to jsouth

to jsouth
said by jsouth:

How do I stop these scammers?

What kind of phone, and what carrier?
jsouth
Jsouth
Wichita, KS

jsouth

AT&T and iphone4

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by jsouth:

AT&T and iphone4

If you are on iOS7 just launch the phone app, click recents, find the number you want blocked, click the i with a circle next to the number you want blocked, then scroll all the way down and choose "block this caller".
jsouth
Jsouth
Wichita, KS

jsouth

Have them blocked. Hopefully they will get the hint.