Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[iPhone] Question on port on LifeProof Case for iPhone 5s

I'm thinking of exchanging my OtterBox at the Verizon store for the LifeProof Case but i want to know if the lightning access port is roomy enough to allow most aftermarket lightning connectors (particularly those made by Griffin) or just those made by Apple. I made the mistake of dropping $100 on an OtterBox Armor case and it would not fit any lightning connector other than genuine Apple connectors so I could not use ANY car chargers or aftermarket cables.

I like to use black cables in the car as the white cables (the typical Apple branded cables) will draw attention to the car stereo as it's an aftermarket car stereo, which makes is a target for thieves (aftermarket car stereos are popular among thieves and very easy to steal once they smash the window). The black cable makes it blend into the night and less likely to draw attention to the stereo.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

MIXZ1

join:2001-01-02
Mexico
Reviews:
·Prodigy Infinitum

I'm using my 5 in a LifeProof case. My car charger is a Belkin and cable is a generic bought from Steren. No problem. The post opening is quite large. Sorry for the poor quality image. Webcam, dim lighting.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
reply to IowaCowboy

I just exchanged my OtterBox for the LifeProof today. I have another question, should the cover over the home button be sticking to it.