uniqs
wTheOnew
join:2012-03-09

wTheOnew to Streetlight

to Streetlight

[Connectivity] Re: Netflix and Comcast Agreement Announced

said by Streetlight:

Roku, but I can stream HBOgo to Chromecast

I'll just pile on the tens of thousands of posts in the Comcast forums about this, but no HBOgo on the Roku for Comcast is bullshit.

I guess to keep my post in the realm of on topic, I've never had any streaming issues with Netflix to my Roku, but good news for those that have.
clocks11
join:2002-05-06

clocks11

said by wTheOnew:

but no HBOgo on the Roku for Comcast is bullshit.

Wow. Didn't know Comcast was blocking this combo. Glad I stuck with my current provider!

nickz
In A Past Life I Was Astroguy
Premium Member
join:2001-12-04
Hammond, IN

nickz

Premium Member

said by clocks11:

said by wTheOnew:

Wow. Didn't know Comcast was blocking this combo. Glad I stuck with my current provider!

One datapoint on this side discussion: I have Comcast HSI but my TV service is Dish. I have no problems streaming HBOGo on Roku.
wTheOnew

wTheOnew

said by nickz:

said by clocks11:

said by wTheOnew:

One datapoint on this side discussion: I have Comcast HSI but my TV service is Dish. I have no problems streaming HBOGo on Roku.

Been digging around and as far as I can tell Comcast is the only TV provider in the US that doesn't authorize HBO Go on the Roku.

Because I'm curious, why do you use Dish for TV? Wouldn't it be cheaper to bundle HSI and TV with Comcast?
vandergraff2
join:2005-10-17

vandergraff2

said by wTheOnew:

Been digging around and as far as I can tell Comcast is the only TV provider in the US that doesn't authorize HBO Go on the Roku.

Because I'm curious, why do you use Dish for TV? Wouldn't it be cheaper to bundle HSI and TV with Comcast?

This might be better discussed in the Comcast Cable TV forum.

(I also have no problem getting HBO GO with Comcast HSI - in my case my TV provider is DirecTV)
wTheOnew

1 edit

wTheOnew

Because your TV provider is not Comcast. It's been an issue that people have been complaining about for 3 years. The original thread over in Comcast's forum was started in 2011. I would assume if Comcast hasn't budged in that time, they never will.

But yes, this is a better discussion for somewhere else.