spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

[TV] TWC Navigator Bug: Deleting A Pixiated Program Takes FOREVER

I found a new Navigator bug,

If you are watching a show where you had been recording it and it had been pixiating, and stops like half way through because the channel craps out, it will take FOREVER for the show to be deleted in the DVR List. (Up to a minute or more.) I know this because for the last six years, despite box swaps, drop pole changes and everything else checking out fine, we have about two or three stations where the HD stations' signal drops out for several hours to a day, only to come back later.

They are our HD stations on CBS (1005), ABC, (1012), and ME-TV (19.) Before the Winter Olympics, those stations were fine for many months, if not up to a year. Since adding channels for the Winter Olympics, the cycle repeats every three days or thereabouts, sometimes it will be fine for a week or more, and sometimes every three to four days. The issue always seems to be corrected rather quickly. I think because we have a whole bunch of SD channels and have NOT been converted to the national line-up that bandwidth may be an issue here.

When the station records a show with no break up, the deletion of recordings is very fast. It only seems to be the above stations that break up with this interval. In previous releases of the software, the speed of deleting a show was slick, whether it was pixiating or not.

Satch

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

bandwidth isn't an issue and no the new lineup doesn't eliminate the SD channels they only show up on the SD boxes in the new lineup format unless the channel is only SD on TWC. This could be a an issue with the particular frequency that those channels are on because if it is only affecting 3 channels it is possible that those are on the same frequency.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
"Since adding channels for the Winter Olympics, the cycle repeats every three days or thereabouts, sometimes it will be fine for a week or more, and sometimes every three to four days. The issue always seems to be corrected rather quickly."

This makes no sense as the channels have only been activated for a couple of weeks.

Hob

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by hobgoblin:

"Since adding channels for the Winter Olympics, the cycle repeats every three days or thereabouts, sometimes it will be fine for a week or more, and sometimes every three to four days. The issue always seems to be corrected rather quickly."

This makes no sense as the channels have only been activated for a couple of weeks.

Hob

remapping a channel doesn't add any new bandwidth restrictions unless it is given its own slot on a QAM. and TWC didn't do that for the olympics the channels were just remaps.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

1 edit

Satch

Those channels that go out that I mentioned above,

They always go out that the same time and come back at the same time, especially at about the time new stations get added to the system. I checked my local thread, and reported this issue back in 2011! When the techs came/come it is always signals are good, replace the line or whatever. I think this is a same frequency issue. Something is overloaded someplace in our node causing the breakup.

I am expecting this more around the time the Epix preview channels get added to the system. A lot of times the issue subsides after the new channels get "settled in" to the system.

A TWC tech guy has opened up a Troubleshooting ticket for Navigator with regards to the slow deletion of recordings that are pixiated.

Satch

PS. Correction: I meant the Epix channel free preview coming in March, not Encore, which is a part of TWC Movie Pass. It has been corrected.