uniqs

SixSpeed
join:2001-12-24
USA

2 recommendations

SixSpeed

MS cutting the XBox One's price already

In Europe:

The Xbox One hasn't been selling as well as the PlayStation 4 on a global level, and that's partly due to pricing -- in the UK, Microsoft's system costs a lofty £429 ($713) versus Sony's £349 ($580). That gap is about to narrow, though, as Microsoft plans to cut the Xbox's price to a slightly more reasonable £400 ($665) on February 28th.

»www.engadget.com/2014/02 ··· 00000589

The One console is still far less useful than the 360 was, and the graphics arent much better.

I think that's whats killing it more than the price.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside

I can't fathom the XBone doing so bad they have to start lowering prices. Sure it's lagging behind in sales compared to the PS4, but they sold three million units. I believe the Xbox 360 sold three million after four or five months of release. It sounds like the XBone is surpassing those figures, even if only slightly. Are they really feeling that desperate to beat Sony? Even if it means selling at a loss?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by SRFireside:

I can't fathom the XBone doing so bad they have to start lowering prices. Sure it's lagging behind in sales compared to the PS4, but they sold three million units. I believe the Xbox 360 sold three million after four or five months of release. It sounds like the XBone is surpassing those figures, even if only slightly. Are they really feeling that desperate to beat Sony? Even if it means selling at a loss?

I thought I read somewhere that Microsoft was counting units shipped to suppliers as "sold". Which if that's the case, that 3 million number is complete horseshit.

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

I thought I read the earth was only 6 thousand years old...

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

said by Silvanos:

I thought I read the earth was only 6 thousand years old...

Microsoft reports 3.9 million Xbox One shipments in 2013
quote:
It's important to note that shipments to retailers aren't the same as final sales to end consumers. Though those numbers usually track relatively closely (since retailers order new shipments to replenish stocks of systems they've actually sold), many of those 3.9 million shipments in 2013 might be sitting on retail shelves for a little while in 2014.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
It wouldn't make any difference to Microsoft if they are sitting on the store shelves or in somebody's living room. Microsoft got their money from the units. Now maybe they are worried they can't sell any more, but that would only be true if the current unreleased sales figures are disturbingly low.

SixSpeed
USA

1 edit

SixSpeed to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

said by SRFireside:

I thought I read somewhere that Microsoft was counting units shipped to suppliers as "sold". Which if that's the case, that 3 million number is complete horseshit.

Correct - which is why you see piles of XBOX Ones in every retail store and not a single PS4. There is a MS store in the mall near me that has dozens behind the counter. The 3 million number is BS.

I was one of the fools who bought this turd and for some comparison, I have never seen more than 49k people online at any time in COD Ghosts which is the consoles #1 game right now. Sometime syou cant even get an online game it's so dead. Ive seen as low as 19k people on line, average is 25k.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by SixSpeed:

Correct - which is why you see piles of XBOX Ones in every retail store and not a single PS4.

I can confirm that this is the case here as well. All the gaming shops have XBox Ones in stock while there are no PS4s to be had anywhere. It's weird, between Killer Instinct, Forza, Dead Rising, Ryse, and the upcoming Titanfall there is just more to play on XBone at the moment, but they are everywhere while PS4s are sold out. I guess the slightly better performance on the multiplats, combined with the cheaper price tag of the PS4, are killing them.

Just as an aside, I couldn't start up Need for Speed Rivals (downloaded) from the dashboard last night. Initial googling didn't help so I uninstalled and began the 16 gig re-install. Of course as soon as I did that I found the solution; the RAM wasn't dumping correctly and the XBone won't load any downloaded game in that state. After you power your console completely off by either hitting the power button on the console for 10 seconds or disconnecting the power brick until its light goes out, then powering back up, the game should boot just fine.

SixSpeed
USA

1 recommendation

SixSpeed

said by TheBionic:

said by SixSpeed:

Correct - which is why you see piles of XBOX Ones in every retail store and not a single PS4.

I can confirm that this is the case here as well. All the gaming shops have XBox Ones in stock while there are no PS4s to be had anywhere. It's weird, between Killer Instinct, Forza, Dead Rising, Ryse, and the upcoming Titanfall there is just more to play on XBone at the moment, but they are everywhere while PS4s are sold out. I guess the slightly better performance on the multiplats, combined with the cheaper price tag of the PS4, are killing them.

I think it also has to do with all the bad press the One got with all of MS's lock down and DRM attempts early on. rightfully so.

The XBOX one also has no compelling reason for 360 owners to buy it. The One is much less useful than the 360, more locked down and the graphics are simply not that much better. MS's own XBOX forums are full of angry people who can no longer do simple things with the One that 360 was able to do.

MS flat out lied when they called this an "All in One" media hub.

chadrob30
Howdy
Premium Member
join:2002-04-24
Fort Smith, AR

chadrob30 to SixSpeed

Premium Member

to SixSpeed
LOL

SixSpeed
USA

1 recommendation

SixSpeed

said by chadrob30:

LOL

Very compelling argument you presented.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to SixSpeed

Premium Member

to SixSpeed
Its the same around here in the Houston area. Everywhere has Xbox Ones and it is still hard to find a PS4. I was at Target and Best Buy the other day and Target had 9 Xbox One's in stock and no PS4's. Best Buy was the same, but with maybe a few more Xboxs'.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to SixSpeed

to SixSpeed
Same here, even in this college town. Hopefully MS learned their lession about the drm, although I have little doubt they will try to patch it back in.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to SixSpeed

Premium Member

to SixSpeed
Not bad.

Sony Surpasses 6M Global PS4 Sales

SixSpeed
USA

SixSpeed to me1212

to me1212
said by me1212:

Same here, even in this college town. Hopefully MS learned their lession about the drm, although I have little doubt they will try to patch it back in.

Yeah - thats my worry too. Supposedly (as per XBOX.com forums) their descision to not allow USB storage to be recognized was a DRM/modding block.