join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 edit

8 recommendations

[App Update] WinPatrol 2014 - v30.1.2014

WinPatrol 2014 30.1.2014 released Febuary 24th, 2014

This 2nd release of WinPatrol 2014 provides a number of bug fixes that have been reported and improvements that have been requested. In the process of our code review additional optimizations were found. The result is a more stable version of WinPatrol that you can count on to run WinPatrol in the background without any interference.

International Date and Time Formats
As previously announced WinPatrol 2014 will continue to support our friends outside the U.S. You'll find this version handles formats as defined in the region control panel applet.

SQLite - Cookies
The only 3rd party software used by WinPatrol is an open-source public domain library named SQLite3.DLL This file is used by Chrome and Mozilla to store their cookies. If you see files in our Hidden list that start with "etilqs_" they indicate a SQLite database files. WinPatrol uses this file to help you manage your cookies. To continue our full cookie support this update includes the latest SQLite library.

WinPatrol Installation
The setup program has been improved to include more information on using WinPatrol effectively.

Graphic Enhancements
Graphics associated with WinPatrol lists have been updated. The graphic which represents real-time monitoring has been updated so PLUS users are provided a clear indication that monitoring is active.

ActiveX Non-PLUS error
We've had some reports that indicate WinPatrol can get confused about being a PLUS version. The main symptom is having an update button appear in the list of ActiveX controls.

Column Sorting

One of the functions used by our column sorting has been improved so sorting programs will be more consistent. In the process we also found that the company was not being displayed correctly.

Environment Variables
This version fixes a big in our handling of the %SYSTEMROOT% environment variable. It also improves handling of 64 bit file redirection for other environment variables.

quote:
WinPatrol runs on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 including x64 versions.
We recommend you install our newest version directly over your current WinPatrol. No need to remove your previous version.
WinPatrol should automatically detect your PLUS code and activate your new version. Just in case, it might not hurt to open our main tabbed interface and click on the PLUS tab. Make a note of exactly how your name and code are entered.
More info - downloads: »www.winpatrol.com/download.html
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

I just installed a new program that starts at boot so WinPatrol popped up to ask if this was OK and it also opened a tab to WinPatrol website in Fx and there I saw this new version which I just installed.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

dp
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thank you chachazz See Profile

angussf
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thanks!

Buddel
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Premium
join:2004-03-06
EU
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thank you.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thanks Chazzy.

Marsman

join:2004-11-10

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Got it now, thx again my friend!

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thanks for the tip HoneyBee...got the Plus.

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Muchas gracias, chachazz.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14

You're all welcome.

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Click for full size
Got it! Thanks.

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON

It does not appear that the program has updated properly on your system.

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA

Thanks Exidor See Profile. I took that screen shot immediately after updating. Mine now looks the same as yours.

There are two parts to the program that get updated and maybe the second part needed a reboot. Not sure about that though.
--
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

Compared to the last version looks as if the installer size has shrunk approx. 500KB. Nice! Can still fit it on a floppy disk.

Buddel
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Premium
join:2004-03-06
EU
kudos:3
reply to chachazz

I couldn't agree more, Dustyn. There aren't too many security programs these days that fit on a floppy disk. Well done, Bill.