Search similar:

uniqs
cheezmo
join:2001-11-19
Plano, TX

cheezmo to balkme

to balkme

Re: iCloud Access

In case it help (it isn't just Apple). This url fails inside FIOS and works outside it also...

(sorry, started working, redacted)

owlhooter
Premium Member
join:2002-01-19
Wylie, TX

owlhooter to ortizdr

Premium Member

to ortizdr
I was on with chat support about an hour ago and they told me they hope to have the problem resolved within 24-48 hours and it's affecting the DFW area. Then he said he was just told 2PM it should be fixed. It's definitely an odd issue, because if you try to access pages that don't exist on the webservers you try to access you can get the 404 errors, but if it tries to load any data at all it stops. And it's not just secure sites, I was trying to access altdice.net for the last few nights and it won't load. but trying to pull »altdice.net/index.blah which doesn't exists gets a successful not found message. Whatever they broke, they broke good.
balkme
join:2000-09-16
Plano, TX

balkme

So I was finally told that they do have an outage for the past 2 days. This guy told me that it would be corrected by noon EST (30 minutes from now). A bit frustrated that it took 3 people to tell me that. He said they wont post anything that its been "fixed either" I thought they had a site that posted outages and corrections.
cheezmo
Plano, TX

cheezmo

I'm not optimistic that the "outage" they are talking about is this problem, but fingers crossed.

owlhooter
Premium Member
Wylie, TX

owlhooter

Premium Member

Yeah, I doubt they would have an estimated time to restore this type of issue, most likely it's one of those that when they figure out what's going on they'll have it fixed pretty quick. I doubt they even know what's causing it at this point.
cheezmo
Plano, TX

cheezmo

I doubt they are even looking.
said by owlhooter:

Yeah, I doubt they would have an estimated time to restore this type of issue, most likely it's one of those that when they figure out what's going on they'll have it fixed pretty quick. I doubt they even know what's causing it at this point.

balkme
Plano, TX

balkme to ortizdr

to ortizdr
All,

Found this gem linked on the Verizon Forum

»chrisbenard.net/2014/02/ ··· ebsites/

Conn
@12.165.242.x

Conn to cheezmo

Anon

to cheezmo
Yesterday they changed my IP addy and it fixed it for about an hour. Then failed again. Waiting on a fix still so I can send outbound emails using iCloud.

ortizdr
The One the Only
join:2014-01-15
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr to balkme

to balkme
I can't get the site to load! :O
cheezmo
Plano, TX

cheezmo to balkme

to balkme
Good lord. I changed the MTU on my Mac and it now loads appleid.apple.com and all other iCloud related stuff works properly. What a joke. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to change the MTU on an Airport Extreme router so I can't fix my whole network, just one machine at a time.

Conn
@12.165.242.x

Conn

Anon

I'm about to test and try the fix posted by Chris too.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr to balkme

to balkme
finally got it to load. Wow they really messed up some stuff!
balkme
Plano, TX

balkme

its worked for me so far
cheezmo
Plano, TX

cheezmo

Unfortunately you can't change the MTU on an iPhone or iPad so if you can't fix it for your router, you can only fix individual machines by setting custom MTUs. Fix this Verizon.

owlhooter
Premium Member
Wylie, TX

1 edit

owlhooter to balkme

Premium Member

to balkme
said by balkme:

All,

Found this gem linked on the Verizon Forum

»chrisbenard.net/2014/02/ ··· ebsites/

What's kind of amusing is I can't even access that site without going through a proxy. but the MTU setting was a no go for a fix for me.

Well setting it in my router didn't work but seems to have worked on my PC.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr

I wonder why anyone would make a change like that to a router. I wonder if they did a firmware upgrade and just typed it in wrong.

owlhooter
Premium Member
Wylie, TX

owlhooter

Premium Member

I have a feeling they have been doing maintenance on things the past week and rolling the change out with a default config copy/paste and hadn't noticed it. I know some people on the other side of DFW were affected by the issue before I was, so I don't think it's something that has happened all at once.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr

Interesting. Gotta watch what you are doing. Copy/Paste will get you in trouble!!

owlhooter
Premium Member
Wylie, TX

owlhooter

Premium Member

Depends on the quality of people they might be hiring to maintain the network. It's possible the person doing the copy/paste might think there's nothing wrong with that setting if it was in the document they were given.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr

Touche

owlhooter
Premium Member
Wylie, TX

owlhooter to ortizdr

Premium Member

to ortizdr
Looks like they just fixed it. I changed my MTU back to 1500 to try to trace down the router having the issue and all of a sudden it works, checked other PC's on my home network and it works there too.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr

Looks like we are up and running!!
balkme
Plano, TX

balkme

Yes. changed MTU back to 1500 and all seems to be fine. We will never know the root cause, but should would be nice to know what happened.

Bender16
join:2003-09-25
Allen, TX

Bender16 to ortizdr

to ortizdr
Good to know. Hopefully it will still be working when I get home.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave to balkme

MVM

to balkme
Misconfigured link was fixed.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr

forgot to reply.... Everything is fixed! all services are back up and working great! thanks to everyone's help!