Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207 to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious

Re: Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1 is Now Live

said by Savious:

While I completely respect your opinion, the Greater Rifts are the most exciting part of the game. Torment 6 is no longer a real challenge, and it really wasnt prior to the patch either. Now, the game is extremely challenging. GR25 is a great goal, but is only equivaliant to T6. Going higher requires godly gear, a good group, or both. Plus, many times I get 2-3 legendaries from a GR run, and thats a pretty good rate for 10-15 minutes of work.

It could be that in season play I am only at paragon 80 and playing a Crusader without optimal gear. But at the moment, the GR process is a trial run that starts me at around GR level 12-14. I can opt to play though and take my chances with a deplorable gem upgrade chance, or I can blast through this GR level in 8-9 minutes, and upgrade until I reach my GR limit, which is only about 18 now with my Crusader. If I do opt to improve the GR key to the max I can handle, the final GR run takes the full time allotment, and I don't get anything until it is over.

I don't have anything other than anecdotal evidence, but my rate of return on my time seems much higher with regular rifts than with a GR. At this point, I am merely farming for specific gear and raising my paragon level along the way.

The GR implementation is fine, but I'm a hundred hours of playtime away from it being useful and fun to me now.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac
I wouldn't mind seeing a patch that either increased density or made each level exactly the same for everyone. So level 5 is always the same, level 10, etc..

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Then there would be an optimal way of doing them. Ironically in order for them to remain fair as a whole they need to be completely random. The only downside is the better your luck the further you'll go. But that has always been the nature of Diablo. How lucky are you and if you aren't lucky how much time do you have to spend on rerolls?

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to Savious

MVM

to Savious
Density does need to be increased. I'm sorry, but it's no fun running running running stopping to kill one or two monsters then repeat. Too much dead time between too thin packs.

And the uneven levels tick me off even more. They either need to allow you to respawn where you are with a time penalty or add checkpoints to the long-ass windy tunnels that go forever.

Edit: I should also add that there should be more XP per monster kill on the higher grift levels. There doesn't seem to be. And for regular game play, any chance of a Torment level 7? 3200% XP would be sweet right about now.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
WHO GONNA GET DAT DEMON KILLING GOING ON THIS WEEKEND UP IN THEM SEASONS?

GONNA FUCK SOME DEMON SHIT ON SUNDAY!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think I need to buy the expansion.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

You do. If you want to play through the story, you can, otherwise I can power level you. Most of us are in seasons now.

Weasel
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03
Minnesota

Weasel to seaquake

Premium Member

to seaquake
said by seaquake:

Density does need to be increased. I'm sorry, but it's no fun running running running stopping to kill one or two monsters then repeat. Too much dead time between too thin packs.

And the uneven levels tick me off even more. They either need to allow you to respawn where you are with a time penalty or add checkpoints to the long-ass windy tunnels that go forever.

Edit: I should also add that there should be more XP per monster kill on the higher grift levels. There doesn't seem to be. And for regular game play, any chance of a Torment level 7? 3200% XP would be sweet right about now.

Amen.

I have lost several Grifts because of RNG, so damn frustrating.

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Your yelling makes me sad.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
What is the new OP class? My spin2win Barbarian is collecting dust.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

M6 DHs can crit upwards of 200m per sentry hit, and with 5 sentries attacking fast as a virgin on his first time, its a crap load of damage.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I need to try that.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

You do. We have a fairly healthy guild, someone is always on.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I can help you out with DH knowledge if needed, especially what skills and such to run with different gear setups til you get Mar's set going.

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
I sent a request to join the DSLR clan.. name = hobiecat

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I'm finally back! Stayed a few more days on vacation to catch some more rain.

If you are guys are into season now I can charge at stuff and boost party toughness with my barb.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· uDblFE_s

GR51 completed with over a minute remaining.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I've watched him a lot lately on live stream. That team is so powerful. I never see their monk lose HPin fights either and they cc enemies for minutes at a time. Insane theyre completing 51 already.
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne to Savious

to Savious
Was nice groupin with some of the seasonal players here. Crash course on playing a Barb is fun....I like the playstyle to be honest, but i believe my gear is a far cry from good. lol just want to do leapquake cause thats probably the coolest build ive seen to date from any class.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

For sure. Too bad the servers started getting whacky last night. I jumped off and watched some TV with the wife for an hour and then logged back in and they were back to normal.

Powerleveled Apples' witchdoctor to 69 before going to bed. I dont think anyone has been playing WD in the seasons yet?

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

I think he picked up a RoRG last night too.

Jehu
Premium Member
MA

Jehu

Premium Member

said by Meningitis:

Did you guys use that Junger rules voodoo stuff?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to Meningitis

Premium Member

to Meningitis
Hes a real luck sack. Not as lucky as Noiche though. Bombadiers Ballsack AND TnT in like 30 minutes.

You mudda fudda.
Savious

Savious to Jehu

Premium Member

to Jehu
said by Jehu:

said by Meningitis:

Nope, what is this?
Savious

Savious to pnjunction

Premium Member

to pnjunction
You are Gardenhoser, right?

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

I'm halo, with the non-season DH and season vile charge barb

Jehu
Premium Member
MA

Jehu to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

said by Jehu:

said by Meningitis:

Nope, what is this?

»us.battle.net/d3/en/foru ··· 75389719

It's pretty funny in premise, but so many people swear by it.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

Anecdotally that did seem to increase my rorg drop rate (relative to my friend who opened after every run) BUT that theory is only applicable to the old-school normal bounty runs.

Since the buff it makes most sense for geared characters to farm higher torments where the legendary drop rates are 50/60/75/90/100% for T2-T6 (compared to 1.5% on normal-T1) and any hidden buff isn't going to make a difference. T6 is guaranteed leg, it's just a matter of which one you get (and whether you get life regen on the RoRG again in my case).

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

hsindogg to Jehu

Premium Member

to Jehu
Who is this Junger guy? He seems crazy....=]

And yeah, T6 = 100%, so the theory is outdated, except that it now only promotes efficiency by skipping unnecessary events while running bounties.

Jehu
Premium Member
MA

Jehu

Premium Member

oh yeah that is you right? Small internet world