spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Whomper
join:2014-10-11

Whomper to Savious

to Savious

Re: Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1 is Now Live

How are you guys so hooked on this game...I tried it. Its like a game you just go on for 30 mins before bed and repeat the next day. Still tons of time for Diablo :P

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I honestly dont know....

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Whomper

Premium Member

to Whomper
With my extensive knowledge of DSLRians from being here for so so long.....I just knew I'd be able to trap at least a dozen people in my sad excuse of a gaming life for the past few days.

I won't lie though. My primary goal was to hook Savious. The rest were just collateral damage

You're all very welcome by the way. Now, back to CH topic!
Noiche

Noiche

Premium Member

Man I'm digging the changes coming in 2.1.2 plus I'll probably switch to a barb for the new WW set.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Yes! Very excited to try a monk finally

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
can we get some copy/pasta for those of us stuck at work?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

On my phone right now. New sets, retooling old sets, density and ancient legs. 25% increase in stats for "ancient" legs

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Blockgorilla

Premium Member

to Blockgorilla
Let me see if I can find it all. I watched it on Youtube myself.
Noiche

Noiche to Blockgorilla

Premium Member

to Blockgorilla
Day 1: Diablo III %u2014 What's Next
The Reaper of Souls development team took the stage to share some insight on upcoming content, balance changes, and of course new loot headed your way in the near future!
Mischief Managed: New Treasure Goblins!
After expressing our utmost gratitude for your continued support throughout the launch of Reaper of Souls and the Ultimate Evil Edition, game director Josh Mosqueira introduced the newest members of the Treasure Goblin family.

The Blood Thief, the Odious Collector, and the Gem Hoarder are all variations of your typical Treasure Goblin. Each drops a different type of loot: Blood Shards, Crafting materials and recipes, and Gems respectively! These little guys will be arriving in Patch 2.1.2, and who knows? They might not be alone%u2026
More to Explore: Nephalem Rifts Revisited
Next, senior game designer Jonny Ebbert touched on our design intent behind Nephalem Rifts, using randomization as a tool to create an experience that's infinitely replayable. We're revisiting several existing zones from Acts I and II and adding new map tiles to accomplish this goal.
FieldsNew_Bright_thumb.png
These changes will apply to the Oasis, Spider Caves, and Leoric's Jail maps and will be implemented for both Nephalem and Greater Rifts in Patch 2.1.2. We'll be doing the same for Stinging Winds, the Tristram Fields, and the Festering Woods in a future patch too!
Diamonds in the Rough: New Legendary Gems!
Legendary Gems are a big game changer. We really love how they allow you shift stat priorities and add build variation, but recognize that there are still some holes missing in the utility they can provide. We're developing two new Legendary gems for Patch 2.1.2 that are oriented around Defense and Healing to help fill those gaps.

Greater Rift Improvements
Greater Rifts are a recent addition, and we've learned a lot since adding them. There are a ton of changes coming in the next patch to address some of our (and your) biggest concerns. Expect balance changes to Pylons, monster distribution levels, Rift Guardian randomness, and the addition of a Resurrection at Corpse option for non-Hardcore players, complete with incrementing death timer.
All of these changes will be coming soon to the PTR!

New Item Tier: Ancient Items
Lead designer Kevin Martens introduced a brand new feature: Ancient Items. Ancient Items are an entirely new tier of Legendary item, juiced up and able to roll up to 30% higher stats. Every Legendary in the game has a chance to roll as an Ancient Legendary, and they can only be acquired in Torment I and above. The higher your Torment level, the greater your chance of finding an Ancient item!
BC14LiveTweet-AncientLegendary_D3_Social_JP_960x480.png
Twisted Nature: Explore the Ruins of Sescheron
In addition to previewing Patch 2.1.2, we shared some concepts for content coming in a later patch. The Ruins of Sescheron will be a new Adventure Mode-only zone with new enemies, traps, and bounties for players to explore.
This former Barbarian city is inspired by the opening cinematic of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction and you'll be able to roam these ruins in new bounties, Nephalem Rifts, and Greater Rifts.

The enemies your heroes will find in the harsh lands of Sescheron embody the theme of "twisted nature." They tend to hunt in swarms and can pose quite a threat if not managed quickly. Check out the Naja Beetle, Glowing Death, and Frost Maggot below!

Not to be outdone, the Ruins of Sescheron will also feature the Rat King...a truly hideous creature accompanied by an equally hideous contingent of (you guessed it) rats. Glorious!

Season 2 Coming Soon:
In addition to these content reveals, senior technical game designer Wyatt Cheng also explained that Season 1 was a big learning experience, and we've got a lot of plans to improve on Season 2 as a result. From Conquests to new Legendaries and rewards, there was plenty to cover on Season 2 alone, so we've gone into greater detail over in our preview blog here.
SSN2Preview_LiveTweet_JP_960x480.png
Day 2: Evolving Reaper of Souls
For our second panel, game director Josh Mosquiera got us pumped to talk about items, introducing the philosophies we'd be covering in both the past and future of design for Diablo III. Before getting into the finer details, lead technical artist Julian Love introduced the crowd to our Legendary Workshop.

If you haven't heard about our latest community project and want to hear about the final power we decided on, head over to our Legendary Workshop announcement blog for more information!
Current Philosophy: Epic Heroes, Epic Loot
While our workshop continued on the side, Josh talked about how our current core designs behind items in Diablo III are epic heroes and the promise of epic loot. We accomplish this today through many smaller philosophy points:
Less is more.
Limit the amount of stuff found but make sure you care about the items acquired.
Legendary items should define builds.
Encourage build diversity.
Create interesting gearing choices.
Rarity equals power.
The rarest items in the game should feel the most powerful.
Avoid muddling gear choices with an overlap in power range.
These values have gotten us a long way, and Josh, along with lead system designer Kevin Martens and game designer Travis Day, covered different parts of the journey of Diablo III.
We had a lot of good intentions with features like the original Inferno difficulty, the Elite "Out of Time" debuff, highly rewarding destructables, and the Auction House. Of course, as none of these things have remained in game, we know that they didn't work out in the end.
Evo_InfernoComic.png
So where did we go wrong?
Looking Back on Item Design
The original philosophies we had are quite different from the current iteration:
Long item reward tail.
We originally wanted the pursuit of end game loot to take a very long time.
The Quality Tier Overlap Fallacy.
The idea that a well-rolled Magic item could be better than a low-end Rare was intriguing, but caused too much confusion for gearing.
Randomness is king.
The concept was that an item with a less than perfect roll gave you something else to work toward.
In practice, it's just frustrating.
After Diablo III launched, we patched in a lot of fixes to remove or improve features that weren't working. The Monster Power system preserved high difficulty levels while not making them impossible to achieve. Paragon levels were introduced to give players a consistent way to make progress regardless of the random number generator's whims. Ubers and the Hellfire Machine event gave dedicated players long-term farming goals.
Timeline_Final_thumb.png
Challenging Assumptions: Console and the Auction House
While our PC team was hard at work, our console team was discovering this new platform was a great place to challenge assumptions. We found we could break the mold by introducing features that were otherwise seen as "not very Diablo," such as tooltip comparisons. Through experimentation, we discovered our item philosophy is what needed work.
unleash_thumb.jpg
Console's experiments became what we called Loot 1.5. It laid the foundation for Loot 2.0, the complete revamp of itemization that came with the Reaper of Souls expansion. Less, better, and more epic were all key goals. Yet there remained one piece of the puzzle: the Auction House.
It didn't take long to realize that the Auction House discouraged players from acquiring their gear through simply playing the game. Acquiring your gear through menus wasn't what Diablo was all about, but it was how it was being played. This was the driving force behind removing it, and we haven't looked back.
Where We Go From Here
Where do we go from here? We've made some great sweeping changes, but there's always more room to learn and grow. We plan on continuing to create gameplay variety and to focus on the fantasy. This means making sure your Demon Hunter feels like vengeance incarnate and your Crusader is that war machine made human. From there, we can "balance to awesome" and make sure that the numbers behind those characters speak to those ideals.
Evo_DHFantasy_thumb.png
Sneak Peek: New Items and Sets!
So let's get to what you're really here for...previews of the upcoming Legendary items and Sets we've been hard at work on!
Raiment of a Thousand Storms had some significant updates. These were made to not only maintain the fantasy of the Monk's fast and slippery nature, but to make sure the gameplay feels fun and engaging rather than a game of pinball.

We're revising a few existing Legendaries to fill in gaps and improve skills that may have fallen to the wayside due to more powerful gearing options. We're also introducing entirely new pieces that fulfill a similar cause. Of course, we have plenty of new class sets coming up too!

While we've got several sets in the works, only a few are ready to share right now. We want to return to some of the long-requested gameplay styles that the community has been asking for and that we've been dying to revisit.

It's been a great experience to reflect on not only what we've learned, but what we've accomplished. We're eager to continue developing Diablo III and to keep bringing you an amazing game that you'll love to return to throughout the years.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
2.1.2 sounds pretty awesome. I am currently holding off until the patch is released before firing up D3 again. I am interested in the new sets and especially that new defensive legendary gem.

I was hoping they would have a vendor that sold the new sets or something, that way you could test things without pointlessly grinding for them.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I want a WW barb is S2 now. I may start with a barb instead of DH.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

No more seasons!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Savious:

No more seasons!

Why?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Because I dont have any desire to start over for a third time. I have so many cool items on both seasons and non seaons, and I would like to push for GR40 without the month of gearing and gathering paragon points again.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

It makes sense.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

It makes sense.

Are you implying that things I say sometimes do not make sense?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Only sometimes

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I sprained my back doing clean and jerks and was prescribed vicodin. I love you all.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Vicodin?

Weaksauce

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Maybe for a drug addict like yourself.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I'll call the whambulance for you. It will arrive eventually to tell you that no one cares for your nonseason problems.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I have no problems, unless you count bitches such as yourself.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

So feisty, are you sure you got vicodin?

GBPH
join:2014-10-21

GBPH to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
I don't know if u guys notice the changes of DH. I just ran the PTR. Now sentries only shoot hatred spenders when you shoot, but they make you be able to deploy maximun to 3 sentries in a short time. The two piece bonus now changes to each sentry increase your dmg by 40%. Ok, let's say I have 3 sentries on. I shoot a cluster arrow (shooting star), I see some large number that I have never seen before. Well, but soon I ran out of hatred. Then things becomes embarrassing. I could only run around and wait for my pets CD. I think TnT becomes useless for DH, since sentries no longer automatically shoot hatred spenders. Bane of trapped...in the past we use frost arrows...our sentries keep a distance from the mobs so that if we use steady aim.. now your sentries will only shoot frost arrow if you do it by yourself.. which means, polar station is the only one can slow the mobs automatically --> which means steady aim does not work any more.

Now they just begin the PTR. If this change is the final decision, I guess DHs have to go back to think about how to control their hatred consumption. I personally think I should just go back to fire DH since cindercoat provide me a reduce consumption of fire skills.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Or equip kridershot or the chakram quiver. I didnt know the PTR was up!

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to GBPH

Premium Member

to GBPH
said by GBPH:

I personally think I should just go back to fire DH since cindercoat provide me a reduce consumption of fire skills.

Yup seems like dusting off the Cindercoat (and Kridershot if you've got one) is the way to go.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Only us true Diablo fans knew about the PTR. Poser!

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

lol. i was thinking about downlaoding it tonight. 25 gigs. ill let it run over night.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Season 2 is going to have me playing a WW barb since they are giving them a set just for that build.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I thought you were a true Diablo 3 fan? No new sets next patch.