Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor

Re: Diablo 3 Patch 2.0.1 is Now Live

So is anyone planning on purchasing the expansion pack? I probably will, as the game is pretty fun again and I am looking forward to adventure mode and a new level cap.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

I already pre-ordered the DD version. I have gotten my money's worth from this game and then some. The expansion also looks to add more and without the AH, this game is a blast.

Taino
join:2010-10-15
Port Richey, FL

Taino to Savious

to Savious
Already did (and yes the Wow pet was part of the reason sad to admit)

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I pre-ordered the CE, as I love Blizzard's soundtracks.

Taino
Port Richey, FL

Taino to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
Click for full size
It took a while but I am finally starting to see some Loot 2.0 upgrades. These babies dropped today while on Master difficulty. I got tired of getting my ass handed to me by screwed up elite groups (jailor, desecrator, arcane, shielded) and have been tooling around the lower difficulty. My health has already jumped up past 85k and feeling she's finally getting sturdy enough for another Torment try.

shameonyou
join:2013-06-05
canada

shameonyou to Savious

to Savious
What are the top new awesome things that come out with the expansion pack.. not sure if i want to buy it yet

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

The expansion will provide:

New class: The crusader
Adventure Mode
The mystic (t-mog and enchanting)
Level increase to 70
Nephelem bounties and rifts

shameonyou
canada

shameonyou to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
My Whirlwind barb was unstoppable before and now i get destroyed...
any builds that you guys suggest?

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Not yet. Rend is OP though.

Taino
Port Richey, FL

Taino to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
One thing I have noticed is that they seem to have fixed the rubberbanding issues since I last played. I might actually try a hard core character now. Played through all acts on Master and Act 1 on torment. Not once instance of rubberbanding.

I am sad about one fact though. I can't kill treasure goblins anymore. The little bastards always escape. That WHEEE is even more annoying than I remembered.
Taino

Taino to Savious

to Savious
Very nice. I didn't know about the rend changes. Actually just killed a little bastard. He bled to death as he ran from me.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Blizzard hid a random build generator on their talent calculator. Click on the purple orb above the demon head at the bottom of the page for a random build. This is a great way to experiment with different skills to find ones that you like.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Not There

Drex to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
I've almost upgraded all of the items on my Wizard. He's still pretty fragile, but at least now I can somewhat hold my own.
What's crazy is I've found more legendary items that are worth a crap in the few hours I've played than in all of my previous time playing.

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
wow this seems like a different game, a few rare items I found casually are already better than what I had 2 years ago.

Taino
Port Richey, FL

Taino to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
Has anyone noticed the super stat inflation of the new items dropping? It's like the developers have WoW syndrome. The difference from even the yellow drops over my set items and legendaries is astronomical.

I am happy that leveling is a lot easier now. My Witch Doctor went from 35 to 45 last night rather quickly. She also got a lvl 40 legendary. She has as much health at 45 as my Barb did when she hit 60 2 years ago. Kind of nuts.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

There is certainly a bit of stat improvement; however, I think the biggest factor is that the items typically are only improving the stats of the player type, rather than just being pure random stat increases. Practically every item you find is tailored to the character class being played, which makes it much easier and quicker to find better items, especially with items at higher levels, which also increase much faster now.

The game is fantastic for single players starting new runs. Might even be a little too generous, but I'm having a blast in hardcore starting a barb from scratch. Early legendary items are easily trumped by rare finds at higher levels. The equipment upgrades come fast and furious, as do the character level-ups.

As a barbarian, I really enjoy constantly being able to find loot that improves my strength and vitality. Makes the play much more enjoyable with a lot less strain on the brain. I want to have fun, and this patch goes a long way into making that happen.

While the game is dumbed down quite a bit for newbies like myself, I can see that it offers plenty of complexity and challenge for more seasoned veterans.

I think the developers did a fantastic job with this patch, and it appears that the corporate shackles have been relaxed enough to allow for some positive direction.

The upcoming adventure mode is really intriguing to me now. Add a new character and an Act that will almost certainly come with an excellent plot/narrative that brings some of the best cinematic animations ever, and I dare say that I am more than a bit excited about the expansion.

Taino
Port Richey, FL

Taino

I actually love the new drops myself. When I say stat inflation I am talking about how my witch doctor at level 40 was getting item drops with 2-300 intellect and vitality. On my barbarian a drop like that was rare even on MP5 and up. I am not talking about the stats type but the number attached to it.

I have shelved my Barbarian for now. She can easily handle Torment 2, but in a few weeks that will all be replaced as she levels. Instead I have decided to level my WD and DH who has been in the 30's for 2 years now. I absolutely love the changes to leveling. My WD went from 35-45 before I upped the difficulty myself because elites were too easy. She's now 51. Once I get her to 60 I'll be switching to the DH, and possibly getting a Monk to 60 before the X-Pac opens.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

As others have said, it's like playing another game with the item changes and even some of the talent changes. My monk was struggling with a 550 dps weapon (that I bought off the AH 2 years ago) in Inferno before the changes. After? I tried Torment 1 and got a 870 something dps one hander.

I have since changed every single piece of gear on her, with two legendaries (Goldwrap and Manald Heal (sp?) and a set weapon. My monk feels like, to me, my pre-expansion Diablo II WW barb: just laying waste to everything.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

Just beat diablo last night with my fresh barb. After the first play-through I was at lvl 50. I did not use any hellfire rings or any gems in the helm. It was done on hard difficulty and I ended up with about 10 or so legendaries from a full game. I would recommend you always use a ruby gem in your helm while leveling so that you can kill diablo at or right before hitting lvl 60. My lvl 50 barb is already sitting on 27k health and I had to adjust the difficulty a little higher. So much fun, just do self-found with crafting and this game is amazing.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

What is everyone speccing Paragon level wise? I'm doing all movement speed, attack speed, resist all, and life on hit as my points in the four trees since they all max out at 50 points each.

Taino
Port Richey, FL

Taino to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
In case you guys didn't know there is a community buff up at the moment. +50% XP. My WD flew up 5 levels in under an hour with the buff

jmn1207
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

The +50% XP buff will be available until March, 24th. Gonna spoil me.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
omgitshuy@gmail.com

or Battletag Rain#1635

Need a partner for T3 farm possibly T4 playing nerfed to hell barb haha

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

1 edit

Mashiki to Goggalor

to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

What is everyone speccing Paragon level wise? I'm doing all movement speed, attack speed, resist all, and life on hit as my points in the four trees since they all max out at 50 points each.

If you're looking to farm anything past torment 5 LoH is pretty much a requirement so that's a good plan. And since you can change them at any time it doesn't hurt to experiment.

Something that people just coming back won't know is that gold is going to be a heavy requirement. And if you're hurting for it, selling trash grey's and whites on the AH right now can make you a pile of money(right now selling them for 250k/pop). 10m/hr isn't impossible, especially since the common debris is a high demand BOA item for crafting atm. If you're looking for places to farm, any of the big dungeons work best. I personally prefer the one in act 1(can't remember the name atm). Also the battlefields in act 3.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to stvnbrs

to stvnbrs
I played the new D3 a bit over the weekend and so far I like it. Vendors actually have items that are upgrades and I also get upgrades from drops.

Crafting can provide useful upgrades as well. I don't like the "common debris" mat though, now I actually look for crap to drop so I can DE it...

Why did they take away my beloved poison hydra though... bye old friend ... :P

Drex
Premium Member
Not There

Drex

Premium Member

The biggest issue I have with my Wizard is arcane power...I keep running out quickly. I am able to survive longer though. I just have to run around alot.
Any suggestions for a good build?

shameonyou
canada

shameonyou to jmn1207

to jmn1207
Is the 50% xp buff for everyone or just for people who bought the expansion pack?

jmn1207
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

Everyone, at least on the Americas server. I would imagine it is a global buff, but I don't know for certain. I have not purchased the expansion yet.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I havent pre-ordered the expansion and I had the buff last night, so you should be good.

Having a lot of fun leveling a DH in Torment 1 with a mediocre Hellfire ring on. Im halfway through Act 1 and Im level 31, lol. SKeleton King dropped a Leroics Signet ring, which is another 24% increased XP.

Drex
Premium Member
Not There

Drex to shameonyou

Premium Member

to shameonyou
said by shameonyou:

Is the 50% xp buff for everyone or just for people who bought the expansion pack?

It's for everyone. I have not purchased the expansion pack.