SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

TekSavvy / Rogers at the same time?

Anyone know what the latest is on having Rogers Hi-Speed and TekSavvy at the same time? Someone suggested that if I wanted a TekSavvy connection installed to just claim no such Rogers connection existed and at install time the tech would just add a splitter without saying anything about it.

Anyone try this?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

As far as I know... You can say that the second connection if of a different address such as basement, unit 1, bedroom 2 etc.

The address needs to be different. They should also most likely run a new line.

As for apartments are concerns this may be different & not quite certain it's possible. Although some have suggested in the past you can get 2 modems on 1 splitter... but I can't comment on that per se.

Martin
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

In the Start.ca forums, Rocca has said a couple of times now that they no longer have to do anything special for a second cable connection/account at a common address. In the past, yes, one had to make up a "subunit" address or something, but not any longer.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Tell ya what, we are going to reach out to Rogers for the official answer as thing change and want to make sure we give the newest info.

AOD
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
M9B

AOD

Premium Member

said by TSI Andre:

Tell ya what, we are going to reach out to Rogers for the official answer as thing change and want to make sure we give the newest info.

I heard a rogers technician say that each account must have a seperate line, technically its possible to have two modems on the same line, but if rogers has to disconnect a line and there is only one line into the house despite having two different companies, they wont care, and just cut it.
chipface
join:2011-07-13

chipface to SimplePanda

to SimplePanda
When I was living at my parents, I had a separate Rogers connection from them. My room was considered a different address. Didn't have any issues switching to Teksavvy either when I was still there.

AOD
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
M9B

AOD

Premium Member

said by chipface:

When I was living at my parents, I had a separate Rogers connection from them. My room was considered a different address. Didn't have any issues switching to Teksavvy either when I was still there.

Yeah, AFAIK, rogers wants it this way due to having no conflict with disconnection orders for addresses with multiple accounts with one drop in to the house.
chipface
join:2011-07-13

chipface to SimplePanda

to SimplePanda
Yet after I moved they screwed up and disconnected my parents' services when attempting to disconnect me.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Official answer is that we can provide two services (2 with us or 1 with us and 1 with someone else) at the same location. We don't have to play around with addresses such as units. We just need to ask it to be an additional service.

The only time this may be an issue is when its for a high-rise as they wont run a new line and it will be done off a splitter which can compromise the signal/quality.