uniqs
SL83
join:2005-05-28
Oceanside, NY

SL83

[VOD] On Demand Video completely pixelated

Click for full size
Anyone else experiencing this? VHO5.

Showtime and HBO on-demand. Rebooting STB atm and waiting...
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

on the remote click on MENU > CUSTOMER SUPPORT .. There is a FIX TV ISSUES tool in there...

There are a couple threads about people with internet issues. Maybe it's related
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to SL83

to SL83
I had HEAVY pixelation during my last Pay movie.

The trailer came in OK but not the main feature.

Rebooted router no dice.

Rebooted box - that worked
SL83
Oceanside, NY

SL83 to marc3565

to marc3565
Yeah, that is something I've had to use far more often recently. I've been noticing more and more pixelation on channels lately.

Quick update.

I rebooted the box twice. The first reboot did nothing. The 2nd reboot did nothing.

I left an HBO On Demand movie playing for 5 minutes while fixing myself dinner, and it went from that blurry mess to normal.

*shrug*
Oceanside426
join:2012-07-15
Oceanside, NY

Oceanside426

Had Fios I'm here on Oceanside Parkway, and honestly I dealt with NYCdave who tried to help but verizon never wants to acknowledge problems that are on there side and not the customers they always blame the router.... I have about 15 routers from verizon because I kept saying something was wrong finally they started to get the clue and switch the pon cards and rerun fiber wire but it turned out the service still broke up... then they blamed it on that I was using an apple time capsule behind there router then they blamed it on that I set static Ip's inside the actiontec.... I laughed at this cause I said to them you think businesses don't assign there pc's static ips well it turns out verizon will say oh that voids your support cause you changed the config of the router.... meanwhile it happened even on factory defaults... there is something wrong with fios service in our area there is pixilation and there are weird trace routes that effect speed test sometimes my speed tests were coming up as 1 meg over 15 up I was like this is worst then cable. All I have to say is I haven't tried fios lately due to there extreme pricing but now I see that our area has upgraded to gpon finally and maybe that helped but fios has some weird limitations like only having 2 streams from the multi room dvr or only two vod's at the same time.. at least with cablevision every single one of my boxes can play an on-demand and multi room program at the same time. Oh and I only pay 145 a month for showtime, starz, encore, hbo, and optimum ultra 101 plus optimum voice lol.... honestly If fios wants to stay relevant it needs to upgrade and come out with a better multi room, reduce prices, and get off the focus of wireless.

joelny
@mycingular.net

joelny

Anon

I am getting breakups like this everyday. On livevtv and demand. The break up even get recorded to the DVR.

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne to SL83

to SL83
I always find Starz on demand to be pixelated and all sorts of horrid as well.
sneakaround
join:2001-06-19
Staten Island, NY

sneakaround to SL83

to SL83
VOD is data not broadcast TV, do you know how to get to the MoCA diagnostics page? Every node should be above 180 if they are not then there is an issue with the wiring in your house. For other people posting about localization on broadcast channels the same menu that shows the MoCA stats also has an In and channel page, if you are seeing any errors then the most likely answer is also a wiring problem in the house.
SL83
Oceanside, NY

SL83

Click for full size
Hmm - I have an AGC of POOR (63%) on the OOB Status page.

When you say the MoCA diagnostics page are you referring to this?
sneakaround
join:2001-06-19
Staten Island, NY

sneakaround

Yes, and those numbers are great for MoCA