Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

essie

join:2014-02-25
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

[CustSvc] Blocked Account

I am trying to get a block removed from my account, to no avail. . .

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:23

[CustSvc] Re: Blocked Account

Essie,

Please check for a blinking red envelope up near the top of your browser. See ---> »Site FAQ »IMs and Privacy

I sent you an instant message (IM) explaining why I edited your post to remove your personal information. The IM will tell you how to talk directly to a Comcast representative in a secure forum. ---> »Comcast Direct

sortofageek See Profile
Comcast HSI Forum Moderator
--
Join Team Helix

essie

Philadelphia, PA
Ok, it looks like I have to start all over, right?
thanks,
Essie

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to essie

Re: [CustSvc] Blocked Account

In comcasts terms its known as unserviceable. It means someone went thru the trouble and checked past accounts at the address and found someone from the past owes money at that address. It usually takes more than one instance to be made unserviceable.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to essie

Re: [CustSvc] Re: Blocked Account

said by essie:

Ok, it looks like I have to start all over, right?
thanks,
Essie

I'm sorry that was necessary. I hope you understand it was for your protection, however.
--
Join Team Helix

essie

Philadelphia, PA
Yes; I appreciate the guidance.
Best regards

essie

Philadelphia, PA
reply to rody_44

Re: [CustSvc] Blocked Account

Thanks for your note. Is there anyway to get this straightened out?

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
Essie, this is a members public forum. While Comcast employees do frequent this forum, this is a public forum and not the place to request/receive the confidential help you are looking for.

You have done the best thing by, first, trying to get help through the standard help system. Since you didn't get what you needed that way, you have escalated by posting in our direct forum. ComcastPete See Profile is a very competent CSR and the topic you started is visible only to you and him. He does represent Comcast on more than one site, is very busy, but it appears he responds to people who post here in the order posts are made.

You have posted. When your turn comes, he will attempt to help you himself, but he can also redirect your request if needed to the person(s) who can help you.

I believe you can get the problem fixed. You may have to be a bit patient, however.

Member to member, no, you won't get the help you need in this forum. The Direct Forum is the Comcast authorized place to get the assistance you require.

Just fyi, I am only a customer, not a Comcast employee.

--
Join Team Helix

essie

Philadelphia, PA
I highly appreciate your feedback. I will await response from the direct forum.

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
Once its made unservicable its really hard to be made servicable again unless the home changes ownership. Most cases the house isnt made unservicaeable until comcast has lost thousands of dollars on service and equipment. 99 percent of times its the collection department of comcast that makes the account unserviceable. You could try to call and ask for that department. Absent the house changing hands tho it wont be made servicable again until comcast is made whole.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
I suspect, in her case, she may just need to prove she is the current owner.
--
Join Team Helix

rody_44
Premium
Quakertown, PA
No she need to prove she wasnt the owner when the fraud went on.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
I don't think, from the description she gave, there was any fraud. I do realize you don't have enough info to be able to address the issue. Her post in direct forum is her best chance. I am going to close this discussion now because she has taken her problem there.
--
Join Team Helix

System
reply to essie
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course