guhuna
Premium Member
join:2001-03-31
Benicia, CA

guhuna

Premium Member

[Help] 2010 chevy equinox o2 sensor.

Hello all,
My sister has the above mentioned vehicle and for the past couple of weeks its been throwing the CEL. Got my Snap On code reader out and it told me p0158 and p2273. First is O2 circuit high voltage bank 2, sensor 2. Second is O2 sensor signal stuck rich - bank 2, sensor 2. Now correct me if I'm wrong please but that's drivers side after the cat correct?
Thanks!

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

1 recommendation

neonhomer

Premium Member

I'm not sure which side bank 2 is, but the sensor 2 is the downstream sensor.

Usually (as far as I remember), bank 2 is usually the side of the motor with the #2 cylinder.

I would check to make sure the sensor is plugged in all the way, and make sure the connection is clean.

FuriousG
join:2002-08-21
Kenora, ON

FuriousG to guhuna

to guhuna
B2S2 will be toward the front of the vehicle, literally right below the engine oil filter.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

3 edits

Anonymous_ to guhuna

Premium Member

to guhuna
replace all the sensors..... upstream and both down stream sensors

Use only oem ac delco

Trust me the other sensors (originals) will fail soon right after . for me the front sensor failed and just shortly after the rear sensor failed as well.

good luck

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag to guhuna

to guhuna

Bank 2 Sensor 2 is located behind (after) the catalytic converter in the exhaust system. I believe that vehicle has a single exhaust after the y-pipe which means there is only one converter, and only one after-cat sensor.

However, I would not simply replace that sensor, as oxygen sensors do NOT tend to fail "RICH". Most likely there is a wiring or connection issue, possibly something rubbing through a harness. You really need to have some diagnostic know-how to properly track this one down. If you just throw a new sensor at it, it will most likely not fix your problem.

And please do not follow the advice of anyone saying to replace all the sensors, as that is totally improper and a waste of money.
mattmag

3 recommendations

mattmag to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

Use only oem ac delco

Once again your advice is pitiful. Replacing all the sensors is like replacing all your tires because one has a nail in it.

Not to mention the fact that AC Delco is NOT OEM. Your facts are not correct.

guhuna
Premium Member
Benicia, CA

guhuna to mattmag

Premium Member

to mattmag
That's the reason why I was asking the location of it. Fortunately I have a Lab Scope, so once I get it out I'll test it.

mattmag

NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag

If you have the weather-pack probe set with it, you can check it in place which may be more useful. Also, is you SnapOn device just a reader or is it a scantool?

guhuna
Premium Member
Benicia, CA

guhuna

Premium Member

I take it back being SnapOn brand, I just bought it from the SnapOn guys that drive around every once in a while. This is the unit > »buy1.snapon.com/catalog/ ··· =catalog so its just a reader. TBH the BIL is insisting on replacing it even though I want to troubleshoot. I'm probably going to replace it and once the CEL comes back on, then he'll allow troubleshooting.
Backwards but that's how he works.

mattmag

NW Illinois

2 recommendations

mattmag

OK, well I know how that family stuff goes...

I was hoping you had a scantool, as you can see the sensor performance in real-time. In any case, look carefully at the wires leading to the sensor. It is also possible for the sensor to have failed internally causing the error, so you still may be the hero right away, but in most cases they fail to a lean code.

Hang in there.

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

1 recommendation

neonhomer

Premium Member

If the OP had access to a different scanner, it could show the O2 sensor data in real time.

That's part of the reason why I said check the connections first. When my downstream O2 failed on my Jeep, it failed lean.

Also, same Jeep, but about six months earlier, I kept popping ECM fuses. Couldn't figure out why. I just happened to catch a code on the PCM for the downstream O2, and checked it out. The wiring was rubbing on the output shaft of the transfer case, and it rubbed through the insulation. DOH! Fixed the wiring and all was good.

Denso should be the OE manufacturer of the Chevy sensors.. IIRC... Just like NTK made the sensor for my Jeep.

guhuna
Premium Member
Benicia, CA

guhuna

Premium Member

Thanks all for your input. I'll definitely let you know the outcome. Although I'm sure most of you can guess whats going to happen.
I replaced it tonight and the connector looked fine but I still used some 3M Novec contact cleaner on the connector. I hope that type was okay, I've seen some greasers use it before so that's why I got it.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

2 edits

Anonymous_ to mattmag

Premium Member

to mattmag
said by mattmag:

said by Anonymous_:

Use only oem ac delco

Once again your advice is pitiful. Replacing all the sensors is like replacing all your tires because one has a nail in it.

Not to mention the fact that AC Delco is NOT OEM. Your facts are not correct.

YOU GET your facts correct
check it out for your self MR smarty pants

»www.acdelco.com/

Domain Name: ACDELCO.COM
Registrar: CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.corporatedomains.com
Referral URL: »www.cscglobal.com
Name Server: NSX1.GM.COM
Name Server: NSX2.GM.COM
Name Server: NSX3.GM.COM
Name Server: NSX4.GM.COM
Updated Date: 17-feb-2014
Creation Date: 20-feb-1996
Expiration Date: 21-feb-2015
Registrant Name: Domain Administrator
Registrant Organization: General Motors LLC
Registrant Street: 300 Renaissance Center
Registrant City: Detroit
Registrant State/Province: MI
Registrant Postal Code: 48265
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.3136654967
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.3136654967
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: domainname.admin@gm.com

Our GM Original Equipment offerings are the guaranteed original part for GM vehicles that meets or exceeds OE specifications.

"ACDelco Professional" is the aftermarket GM offering

shdesigns