uniqs
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

[Internet] Sagemcom flashing red light

For the past few days my Sagemcom modem will drop the internet connection and the LED next to the "@" symbol flashes red. Sometimes it corrects itself; other times I have power cycle it.

What's going on? Is there anything I can do to fix it or will I have to call 310-SMURF?
Seb8517 (banned)
join:2010-07-12

Seb8517 (banned)

FTTH? , généralement ça veux dire que ton login pppoe est incorrecte

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1 to mr weather

MVM

to mr weather
It sounds like your power adapter is failing...post in the direct forum and ask for a replacement.
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316 to mr weather

to mr weather
Maybe an authentification problem. Call Bell or post in the direct forum.
demonte21
join:2009-02-20
Mirabel, QC

demonte21 to mr weather

to mr weather
there is a problem right now for the past 2 days with the sagemcom. There is an issue with the HPNA logging that fill up the sagecom memory, andd that make the internet unusable. Bell is actualy applying an update..... and was suppose to be completed last night. 3% of customer can't receive that update... maybe you are one of those. Call 1-866-797-8686 to receive support.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to mr weather

to mr weather
I was seeing this a few weeks ago on FTTN customers, check the log of the modem you should see PPOE failed or something along those lines roughly when you get the red light. Post in the direct forum or call 310-surf to have the access password for your b1 account reset
mr weather
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. To clarify I am on FTTN, Fibe 25 to be exact.

I've experienced the sync-no-surf before and this isn't it. What does the flashing "@" mean? The power adaptor thing is interesting and I hadn't thought about that (I've had similar adaptors fail before and the device does weird things when it happens).
btech805
Canada

btech805

Usually if the @ is flashing is relates to the ppoe authentication

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry to mr weather

to mr weather
I've noticed this as well for the last couple of days, but everything was working fine. It may have been related to the power outage we had recently. Either way, I rebooted it tonight and it has gone away.
mr weather
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Just to follow up, things have seemed to settle down and I've been disconnection-free for a couple of days. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

Corrupted DNS can cause the @ to flash red, too.... it needs an active connection, and to be able to ping a few domains (bell.ca, google.ca, and microsoft.com IIRC) for the @ to be blue.

If the issue comes back, you could try a factory reset... may help somewhat.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry to mr weather

to mr weather
Not that it matters, but it was my TV LED that was flashing red and not the @. If everything was working fine, why would it do that?
btech805
Canada

btech805

Do you know if you're on a stinger or 7330?
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316 to mr weather

to mr weather
If you are on 7330, your TV will be DHCP. Stinger would be PPPoE.

Barry
Burlington, ON

Barry to btech805

to btech805
Under Advanced Settings/Services the Internet + TV is under PPPoE, so I guess that means Stinger.
btech805
Canada

btech805

Could've been a port reset on the back end. Occasionally maintenance is done, if the issue isn't on going it was probably that. I doubt it was a modem issue is it didn't happen to the @ light as well. You're definitely on a stinger and they can be picky so if it's gone away then I wouldn't worry about it