uniqs
share rss forum feed

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
reply to rchandra

Re: Prices in the Buffalo, NY market to go up (again)

What's really kind of amazing is it took until yesterday for WBEN-AM to report this. I guess next time I see this, I might give them a call. Actually, I guess TWC waited until yesterday to make a press release or similar.
--
English is a difficult enough language to interpret correctly when its rules are followed, let alone when a writer chooses not to follow those rules.

Jeopardy! replies and randomcaps REALLY suck!

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
said by rchandra:

What's really kind of amazing is it took until yesterday for WBEN-AM to report this.

You would think that someone in the newsroom would read their bill inserts. Here in Rochester notice was in my last bill about the changes and it was a good two weeks before the press reported on it.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to rchandra
said by rchandra:

What's really kind of amazing is it took until yesterday for WBEN-AM to report this. I guess next time I see this, I might give them a call. Actually, I guess TWC waited until yesterday to make a press release or similar.

Is it really news?

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105

1 edit
Well, let's see...Karl Bode took my suggestion to feature it as news and accepted it to put on the front page. The news director at WBEN chose to air it during multiple news breaks. Yeah, for at least a subset of people, it was considered news. If you mean is it news now, I'd say no, except to include it in the phrase "old news." (which, if you think of it, is an oxymoron)

EDIT: Subsequently, I've also heard it as a news item on WHAM-AM.
--
English is a difficult enough language to interpret correctly when its rules are followed, let alone when a writer chooses not to follow those rules.

Jeopardy! replies and randomcaps REALLY suck!

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
Karl has a personal agenda and deep bias against the cable industry and would sell his grandmothers soul if it meant he could make Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Charter and others look bad. So it's no surprise it was posted on the front page of this site.

WBEN, the station that every time a half an inch of snow falls they air promos and bumpers about how awesome they are because they warned the public about the impending storm of the century so we can all run out and buy milk and bread.
--
Phil Robertson/Ted Nugent 2016
4/17/13 - A Beautiful Day For Freedom, Thank You United States Senate!
Message to Anti-Gun Liberals: HA HA! - Hussein Obama 0, American Public 1
Repeal 0bamacare Now!/Marriage = Man + Woman