spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jerryma5
join:2009-06-24
Connellys Springs, NC

jerryma5

[Other] Trying to get service added to our development

Can someone help point me to someone who may be able to assist me in getting our development hooked up for service .
We are a relatively new development trying to get better tv, phone and internet service in our development. we currently have two sides of the development with some 20 + homes built and four more homes on the east side about to be started. In my area we have a large density of homes , currently four , with three of the four homes going up this summer. have contacted the local offices requesting help and after a site survey done two years ago have not been able to help us .. any help would be great.
thanks

B4Knight
@charter.com

B4Knight

Anon

I believe this is Charters corporate contact info.

Try this number: (203) 905-7801

Hope that helps

DLow
join:2013-11-16
Waxahachie, TX

DLow to jerryma5

to jerryma5
Good luck, I just went through this with nearly 100+ homes and half of my development already built out. But they do not see enough "profitability" to do the rest.
jerryma5
join:2009-06-24
Connellys Springs, NC

jerryma5

that is just amazing .. locked in service and low cost of entry to expand and there is no profit .. they must be doing something wrong if there is no money to be made in hooking up folks ..
jerryma5

jerryma5 to B4Knight

to B4Knight
thanks will give them a call
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to jerryma5

Premium Member

to jerryma5
If the developers of your little community had bothered to "talk" with Charter (which they may have) and if Charter was interested at that time, they could have come in and reticulated the entire development fairly cheaply if they wanted to. It also depends on where their current plant ends in relation to where your community begins.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE

Premium Member

said by aguen:

It also depends on where their current plant ends in relation to where your community begins.

Most likely this.

Profitability is determined by the cost of extending service. Everyone assumes that Charter just extends the existing cable to all of the unserviced homes. But that is often NOT the case. Aside from the cost of simply providing physical connectivity, they need the capacity and infrastructure on the backend to provide that service.

Good luck.