share rss forum feed
elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Non-punitive

"It’s a non-punitive system” that is “intended to be education-based,”

I recall when I was growing up and would get called to the principals office, I would receive education in two forms:

1. A scolding and yelling session, and then some life lesson. The door would then close....
2. The paddle would come out and invalidate #1 and teach the real life lesson. Force is more effective than idle chit chat.

Talk is cheap and the government has the guns, and if they want to exercise #2 and not just #1, who is to stop them.

Nobody really thinks this is a stop smoking campaign, do they. This is watch out for swat coming into your house and shooting you dog, to get to your hard drive. This is where this is going.

And like Comcast the operator isn't vested in NBCU. Oh wait, they are. Caligula.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·Comcast

Re: Non-punitive

2. The paddle would come out and invalidate #1 and teach the real life lesson. Force is more effective than idle chit chat.

psychology will disagree with you on that.
--
A sane approach to our federal budget: Ignore the tea party

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
said by elefante72:

I remember those days. Unfortunately, now that would be considered child abuse. No wonder kids don't listen to their elders anymore.

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx

1 recommendation

Re: Non-punitive

said by Simba7:

I remember those days. Unfortunately, now that would be considered child abuse. No wonder kids don't listen to their elders anymore.

Kids who didn't listen to their elders are the most intelligent adults I know.