spc
Search similar:

uniqs
O1OOO1O
join:2005-12-23
Lewisville, TX

O1OOO1O

Wrong group

I read those comments as applying to the likes of Netflix, not end users.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

+1 I'm with you. This is the 1800 number for the network.

As for the FiOS network, it was built to scale and docsis 3+ does also. Transit costs are practically nil, so these guys are essentially trying to recoup what is being commoditized in the transit space and cloud hosting (Terremark in Verizon case), and they will go kicking and dragging. Since the operators are gatekeepers, they are using that position to "selectively" offer Verizon-EZ-Pass (in my neck of the woods) versus waiting in line for a ticket for say CDN like level2, Cogent, AWS, etc. Once you get on the Thruway, its the same road, but it's HOW you get on the road that matters. Do you wait in line with all the other stiffs, or do you go sailing through...THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING. And since the Thruway Authority (operator) is in no rush to build more booths, they let the stiffs wait in line, unless they want one of the new fancy lanes (which cost marginally less BTW) where you can drive through at 60MPH...

And this is why net neutrality is being shredded until it gets regulated like say electricity, and then cost goes up because of said regulation. And the baby Bells get broken up again... Rinse and repeat or in the case of Lowell "histrionics" .