All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
claykin
join:2003-08-22
Fort Lauderdale, FL

claykin

[Equip] Triple play - Is a good/approved D3 modem available to purchase?

I switched to triple play a few months back due to Comcast offering me a better deal than if I stuck with TV/Internet only. Anyway, I had to go from a owned D3 modem to rented because I couldn't find a telephony modem to purchase. Now that a few months have gone by and I'm tired of paying $8/month for the Arris TG862 (in bridged mode) can someone recommend a modem to buy? And where can I get it?

I only need a bridged modem. No wifi.

Thanks.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

I recently purchased an ARRIS TM822G 8x4 eMTA (aka voicemodem) from Amazon that's been working great for me.

See these previous threads:
»[Equip] Need advice on getting a new eMTA
and
»[Equip] eMTA purchase: TM822G vs. TM852G vs. TM862G vs. DPC3939

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to claykin

Premium Member

to claykin
A warning do not buy a used modem just buy new it will be safer. Ebay Craiglist and others will sell you a stolen modem which comcast will not provision them.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN

train_wreck to claykin

to claykin
Another warning, i don't have voice service but i have read that certain markets do not allow customers to own their own eMTA, you should check in your area if you can
saratoga66
join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA

saratoga66 to telcodad

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

I recently purchased an ARRIS TM822G 8x4 eMTA (aka voicemodem) from Amazon that's been working great for me.

Who was the seller? I have never seen Amazon as the seller. It is always third parties selling through Amazon. I have considered replacing my 722 but a little worried I'll have issues.

I find it interesting that no reputable retailer seems to sell EMTA's. I wonder why Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, etc. don't sell them.

I have not checked to see if Comcast has reps in my local Best Buy still. I know a could years ago they did have Comcast EMTA's for sale but the reps said they never received very many so they were hard to purchase.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by saratoga66:

said by telcodad:

Who was the seller? I have never seen Amazon as the seller. It is always third parties selling through Amazon. I have considered replacing my 722 but a little worried I'll have issues.

I find it interesting that no reputable retailer seems to sell EMTA's. I wonder why Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy, etc. don't sell them.

The vendor I got mine from on Amazon was a seller named "Quality Sellers," but I don't know if they exist anymore. Some people have said they got theirs from the vendor named "Dontleaseyourmodemdotcom" and had no problem with them.
said by saratoga66:

I have not checked to see if Comcast has reps in my local Best Buy still. I know a could years ago they did have Comcast EMTA's for sale but the reps said they never received very many so they were hard to purchase.

I could not find them in the Best Buys around here in NJ and I don't think the program they had with Comcast is active anymore.
Dumaine
join:2010-12-05
Detroit, MI

2 edits

Dumaine to claykin

to claykin
I know the Ebay situation is a touchy subject, yet I will say that I purchased my TM822G from the ebay seller .....tbchomesource...... for 139.99. I now see that he has upped the price to 159.99.

They are new, never activated units and I had zero issues activating it with Comcast. Where they come from, that I can not answer. Yet looking at the Feedback it seems that they have sold quite a few to Comcast customers without issues.... just be careful if you choose this company as they have an ad also selling refurbs.....make sure you choose the "NEW" ad!!!

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Ebay nor the aforementioned seller in any way whatsoever. I only posted this because Ebay gets a bad rap at times because some people do not do their "Homework" then put the blame elsewhere!!! Or as someone mentioned before when I posted this on a previous thread....."maybe i just got lucky"