dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
join:2000-12-05

Cropping Pic software?

I am looking for a way to precisely crop my pic by 140 x 155. I want to be able to see the outline first before the crop. Similar to the online cropper site below. The only problem with using the online cropper is that it seems to compress my images and lower the resolution in the process. I have Photoshop cs3 but cannot seem to do this.

»www.fotor.com/

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

I'm not fully understanding I guess what you mean, there are plenty of "how-to's" on how to crop using photoshop »helpx.adobe.com/photosho ··· nts.html this just one of multiples.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

2 recommendations

fourboxers to 855

Mod

to 855
In Photoshop choose the rectangle selection tool, if the image is small change the style at the top to fixed size and put in the dimensions you need, move the box where you need want it and go to image/crop in the menu bar.

If the image is large use fixed ratio and also put in the dimensions drag and draw a rectangle, move the box where you want, then image/crop.

If you did the second option you'll then have to image/image size and fill in the either the width or height in pixels (it will automatically fill in the second if the constrain proportions box is ticked) and click ok.
join:2000-12-05

Works great! Thanks fourboxers.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

You're welcome.
Billy Brethr (banned)
join:2005-04-01
San Antonio, TX

Billy Brethr (banned) to 855

to 855
This is the best I've ever found, in terms of doing basic photo editing (resizing, cropping, color/contrast/etc... adjustment. The Microsoft Office Photo Manager. It's GUI is weird and counter-intuitive and if you get annoyed that's because you are learning; following the path of the brain-damaged retard that did the GUI, however, the functionality behind the GUI is fast and easy. Once you've warped your brain around the goofy way they have you input photos and have one loaded for editing, everything after that is highly functional and simple.

I've taken images and have cropped them, sized them to custom ratios, adjusted file size, and converted their format (for example from jpg to png) all in one operation. Save a copy to the selected folder and badda-bing, badda-boom you are done. Perfect for adjusting images for uploading to websites. None of the confusion associated with looking at the mass of buttons, gears and geegaws of Photoshop.