spc
Search similar:

uniqs

zddat1234567
@mycingular.net

zddat1234567

Anon

[LA] Connection Problems in the Evening/no connection

My internet has been down all day in New Orleans. Called Cox, had modem reset; does nothing. Plugging my cat5 directly into the modem does nothing. 30/30/30 reset on router (pointless if modem is not receiving a signal) does nothing. There is no data coming down the coaxial, but Cox technicians on the phone say from the hub there is no issue with the connection. So what, am I hallucinating?

Every single night that the connection is active, it becomes extremely weak from 8 PM to around 11:30PM, consistently. Technicians on the phone insist this is not on their end. This does not seem possible. The consistency and timing seems entirely symptomatic of network congestion and bandwidth monitoring on my end shows no active clients and no active connections, yet available bandwidth goes from ~25mb/s to less than 1 mb/s for the exact same time window, every day. Shaping the connection via class based queuing does nothing.

This has been happening for over a month and it's becoming incredibly frustrating. For the price of $100/month it is ridiculous that service is this poor. There is obviously either a congestion issue or a physical issue like an exposed wire that is being exacerbated by the weather conditions. Today has been cold and rainy, and there does seem to be some confluence of bad weather with poor service, but then sometimes the service is fine during bad weather so it's unlikely.

Last but not least, I am by no means a networking expert but our Cox account is under my roommate's name and I do know a bit more about this material than she does. When I call Cox using her information, the operator has refused to communicate with me, because she wants to hear a "girl's voice." So anything I want to say must be relayed through my roommate to the operator. This is an inefficient policy.

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 32433506

This test was run last night during the 8-11:30 window.

Anonguy
@cox.net

Anonguy

Anon

Is your modem synching up?
If not, your problem is something other than congestion.

Do you have any idea what your modem signals are when it is working?

Here is a checklist of answers to troubleshoot your connection:
»[ALL] what to post before complaining about slow speeds...?
LAHSIhelp
join:2010-07-12
Baton Rouge, LA

LAHSIhelp to zddat1234567

to zddat1234567
Please private message me your Cable Modem MAC address and your home address and I will check on this for you.