Search similar:

uniqs
Brian8
join:2014-02-20
Folsom, CA

Brian8

U-Verse pair bonding trouble / CRC errors

Click for full size
I upgraded to U-Verse Power Tier 45/6 pair bonding two weeks ago and since then I am getting a lot of TV pixelization. I have had U-Verse for 5 years with no problem. Tech Service has come three times since the install and changed ports at the VRad twice and replaced the RG once. They sent a line tech to check and clean up the line and everything checked out good.

Since the pair bonding I've been seeing a lot of CRC errors, whatever that means. Can anybody look at my stats and give me your feedback? I like U-Verse, but if I can't fix this I'll be forced to go to Directv and Comcast for internet.

Does pair bonding technology work?

I'm including a snapshot of my RG stats, last rebooted 16 hours ago.

my thoughts

Anon

Pair bonding works and hasbeen used since late 2010 with the 3812 inids.
There is definitely an issue with 2nd line (added line to support power)which explains tv pixel issue did not experience for 5 years on single pair install.

Issue could be outside or inside (cat5 homerun could have been nicked for crimped with staple gun, requiring a new home run). The issue could be at NID, the 2nd feed in drop, or farther back.

If outside lineman declares no issue (guys have 10 to 25 years experience) suspect home run or questionable connection at NID.
my thoughts

my thoughts to Brian8

Anon

to Brian8
FEC are corrected errors, CRC are non corrected errors.

Consider bar code scanning, a series of numbers with a check digit verification (last number) with bar code scanner wrong scan will produce a different number than check digit requiring rescan if passes on second scan this is good (FEC) if fails on second scan (CRC) this is bad as information is missing you notice glitch (pixel).
Brian8
join:2014-02-20
Folsom, CA

Brian8

Thanks for the reply. The pixelization on the TV is random, I can be watching TV for two hours with no problem (No CRC errors added) then suddenly it will pixel out for a couple seconds, then no problem. They checked the inside wiring and everything is good, no staples used.

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

»AT&T Direct
Go there to have someone help you. They can help get your issue resolved.

The second pair in pair bonding setups aren't usually conditioned like the primary pair is but if the second pair in your setup is having this many issues it may need to be conditioned like the primary pair is. There may be a bridge tap or any other kind of line fault that's causing the line to take errors like it is.
dswfondy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-29
Fond Du Lac, WI

dswfondy to Brian8

Premium Member

to Brian8
Might have a ghost tap on line 2 if the i&r tech was out. The problem is if you have a i&r tech who is a test pass now so we are good type of guy. They run test at nid it's passing so they don't even look for tap. I would go to direct and ask for a escalation.