Search similar:

uniqs
Sync
join:2012-01-19
Terrebonne, QC

Sync to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: General update: Webmail, Zap the cap, Pay Now and MAC modem update

Hard to tell how much to reduce to get the best efficiency for you guys... If you dont reduce enough, it would have no effect or worse, the opposite effect. If you reduce too much, less customers would use the feature and maybe it would not be as efficient as it could be.

But that's just theory of course

It's fine for me anyway! It's optional and the offpeak and free upload is still there..

speaking of theory, me think you will end up with a higher peak somewhere between 5 and 8 pm... heheh
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

koreyb to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Nope.. It appears for now ROGERS has fixed their stuff.. No congestion.

With the limiting off, it's back up to 25mb..

IT seems to flux between 8.8 mb and 17.6 mb on my 25 mb connection.. In my past experience with limiting it's normally very HARD, but it could be the way TSI has it setup or simply a work in progress that isn't fully working correctly.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Did you wait long enough to make sure it was fully enabled?
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Turned on zap the cap this afternoon downloading 10:30pm my base speed is 150/10 pullinh 6.5 mb/second That seems much more reasonable than a 90% speed cut 33% i can deal with. 10% would be comically low.
Darkfly
join:2011-05-02
Oshawa, ON

Darkfly to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I was just wondering, I do love this idea as I'm a huge fan of Netflicks, and I have roommates and what not so its sometimes shared. Now that being said, 50% of 45mbits would be fine, as that works out to about 22mbits during those peeks, but i fear this "could" cause some problems with multiable HD streaming content as it looks like it would be capped to 12mbits, so that being said, would a 150 meg line also be about the 15meg cap?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of this new program.

THS
@teksavvy.com

THS

Anon

Why is the speed cut on "Zap the Cap" so drastic ???

I mean it shows 150mbps to 15mbps for me.

That is a 90% reduction !!!!

I suggest no more than a 80% reduction. 90% is very harsh.

So it should drop down to 30mbps or so not 15!!!

DragonSpyre
Premium Member
join:2009-05-20
Aurora, ON

DragonSpyre to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
So as I understand this, opting in for zap the cap will give 300gb per month subscribers unlimited bandwidth, or is this just for for the 4 hour window in which it is active?

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
I think Zap the cap will work out well, but dropping speeds down to 10% of what the customer originally ordered isn't going to make it popular. I was thinking of bumping myself back up to the 150mbps tier, but dropping down to 15mbps is too harsh for me.

I'll stick with the unlimited on a lower tier for now.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

This idea was never meant to make 150 meg users happy... A 30mbit connection used at full capacity costs us more than $450 per mth. That's our cost. The economics are just not there. The usage costs are simply way out of whack. It will take a favourable outcome to the wholesale review that's underway at the CRTC to fix this.

QCTLG
join:2008-01-20

QCTLG to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
How come I do not have the Zap the cap option in »myaccount.teksavvy.com/?
It clearly says Quebec too. !

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

This idea was never meant to make 150 meg users happy... A 30mbit connection used at full capacity costs us more than $450 per mth. That's our cost. The economics are just not there. The usage costs are simply way out of whack. It will take a favourable outcome to the wholesale review that's underway at the CRTC to fix this.

I hope that one of the things you're pointing out is that Rogers is selling it at a loss, based on what they claim their costs are.

I'd be happy with 150/10 unlimited, but if Rogers can sell 250/20 for the same price they charge for 150/10 AND offer 1TB a month on top of that, then they certainly have no justification for selling you the access for a higher price.

CBB doesn't work the way it's set up. I think they should let you get whatever the incumbent offers for 30% cheaper than they sell it for. There'd be no need for new tariffs every time they make a change in services then.

edit: It also drives me nuts that the incumbents have been playing these games for years. It's ridiculous how they keep playing the CRTC and Canadians for fools. Well, Canadians anyway, the CRTC isn't fools. They're just corrupt.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to QCTLG

Premium Member

to QCTLG
said by QCTLG:

How come I do not have the Zap the cap option in »myaccount.teksavvy.com/?
It clearly says Quebec too. !

Quebec DSL.. And with 300GB packages only.. What are you currently on?
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Actually Quebec Cogeco Cable also.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to TLS2000

Premium Member

to TLS2000
I don't know what their costs are but I do know that they have approved markups of 30% or more and that we have never had a good opportunity to scrutinize their cost studies. We have recently done so for the flat rate components that they are trying to raise rates on and we definitely found that they were trying to inflate costs. We have to wait to see what the CRTC decides...

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to TSI Marc

MVM

to TSI Marc
Got an e-mail today that overages are now in effect. Unfortunately, the overage cap applies to every DSL service except the 50 meg one

It'd be nice if 50 meg users had a higher max overage instead of none at all.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Did you start offering cCable in Quebec? this is news ... Marc, please confirm as it was never announced!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by MFido:

said by TSI Marc:

Did you start offering cCable in Quebec? this is news ... Marc, please confirm as it was never announced!

I think when they started offering cCable, it was in all of their territory, which includes some Quebec areas that aren't served by Videotron.

That's my understanding.

MFido
Montreal

MFido

Not sure ... also by checking Tek website I see only the Videotron profiles, no Cogeco ones ...

Or I am doing something wrong ...

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Pay now - This option will allow you to pay your bill via the MyAccount portal. We get many calls for payments and we believe this will save time for everybody while making sure it is still very secure.

So, I decided to take a peek and I don't see anywhere for this "Pay Now" option in the MyAccount.TekSavvy pages. Did you mean this is something thats incomming but hasn't been set up yet? Ah well, until its ready I'll continue to use the old MyWorld method that I've become accustomed to

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to MFido

Premium Member

to MFido
said by MFido:

said by TSI Marc:

I believe this was late last year. It would only show up if you input your postal code I believe. I will double check though. But I know that we now have it available. The footprint is not that large but we just wanted it covered.

Edit: just checked, we are ready to go except that we have not updated the website yet. So I guess I let that slip there haha. It's been getting bumped down in priority for the last few months. If anybody is interested, I can see about getting it manually done.
redeye95
join:2014-01-22
Mississauga, ON

3 edits

redeye95 to morisato

to morisato
but, remember the 150 unlimited plan is 220 dollars! and i don't think the max 50$ cap applies to 150 plan because of the 130 dollar difference between the 300GB and unlimited plans.
Meaning you will be paying 50 cents a Gigabyte, over 300GB until the end of the month unless you use the Zap the Cap.

BTW, if you turn off the Zap the Cap after you have gone over the 300GB Cap, on the 150 plan you should be warned that you will be charged for the overage...

MFido
Montreal

MFido to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
So, to be officially available soon? I mean web-ready...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

Got an e-mail today that overages are now in effect. Unfortunately, the overage cap applies to every DSL service except the 50 meg one

It'd be nice if 50 meg users had a higher max overage instead of none at all.

Overages will go in effect starting in April.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to MFido

Premium Member

to MFido
Yeah for sure... The docket is full of priorities and it's the only reason it's not live yet... The network and everything else is ready to go and basically sitting idle right now.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

said by TSI Marc:

Pay now - This option will allow you to pay your bill via the MyAccount portal. We get many calls for payments and we believe this will save time for everybody while making sure it is still very secure.

So, I decided to take a peek and I don't see anywhere for this "Pay Now" option in the MyAccount.TekSavvy pages. Did you mean this is something thats incomming but hasn't been set up yet? Ah well, until its ready I'll continue to use the old MyWorld method that I've become accustomed to

Hey TZ,

1. Head over to »myaccount.teksavvy.com/
2. Sign in to (or sign up for) your customer portal account
3. You will see your current balance on the first page or by clicking on the "Billing" tab
4. In the "Billing Summary" box you should see your current balance. If there is an amount owing the "Pay Now" button will be present.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by TSI Marc:

4. In the "Billing Summary" box you should see your current balance. If there is an amount owing the "Pay Now" button will be present.

Ah-ha! So thats why I didn't see a "Pay Now" option. Cool.

Except, I have a condition where my balance is in excess credit so I'm not very likely to see the pay now button anytime soon so I imagine you're going to have to make an optional link available to "Pay Now", before you discontinue the MyWorld pages.

Yeah I know, this is one of those little things that gets overlooked eh?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We can sell you more services if you'd like?

QCTLG
join:2008-01-20

QCTLG to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Marc,

I'm on Cable 30 pro plan here in Quebec.
I'm not eligible?

If not why and when?
jamo64
join:2014-02-28

jamo64 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Wish tek savvy was a bit more detailed on how the zap the cap thing works... Can I turn it on and off any time of the month? What happens if I turn it on when already over the 300 GB cap? If I turn it on, use 100 GB, then turn it off, do those 100 GB count towards my month's usage?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

The rest of the functionality is not yet implemented and will be implemented next month. Right now, it simply rate limits and is not yet tied to the usage. Once we implement the rest, we will update on the exact functionality.

I can say though that this is not a tool where you can run up usage right up to your limit and then turn it on for the last few days of the month to avoid additional usage charges. The intent is that you turn it on and leave it on... you get peace of mind and we can manage costs better.