spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jaybonaut
join:2012-05-29
Sheboygan, WI

Jaybonaut

Twitch streaming for all of us limited by 4 meg upload

Any suggestions on what settings we should use in OBS for instance?

I get hiccups in the video only when doing some testing:
»www.twitch.tv/jaybonaut/ ··· 06635081

This is the results with limiting upload to 2000 kbit bitrate. No one else is using the net, with no other programs running. The video is 1080p on a 3770k @ 4.1 Ghz using a GTX 680 and 16 gigs of DDR3.

I use CBR and CBR padding in the OBS options as well.

I wanted to hear what other Charter customers are using for settings to avoid the hiccups you see on mine. This is not an ad; I nearly never stream and don't want anyone to follow me on Twitch - this is purely for my own amusement and testing purposes.

Anon7906
join:2011-12-14
Opelousas, LA

Anon7906

My upload speed goes to crap at around 6pm so I haven't been able to stream in about a month. In the past when my internet was fine, I used similar settings and the video was fine although I set the video resolution downscale to 480p due to my viewers complaining about lag on anything higher.

Specs = 3770k @ 4.5 GHz/GTX 660Ti/8 gigs DDR3.

BKayrac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-29

BKayrac to Jaybonaut

Premium Member

to Jaybonaut
You are simply dropping frames, PM me if you want actual help, because I doubt I will remember to re-check this thread.

That said, my initial assumption is the server you are streaming, and your route to it, is having issues. Have you tried changing your ingest server?

Also, use this......Closer is not always better. »www.teamliquid.net/forum ··· d=326034

Jaybonaut
Sheboygan, WI

Jaybonaut

I have not tried changing it, but that tool is pretty cool. I was using the Chicago one anyway, as I stream from WI:

»i.imgur.com/6s5ZbiZ.jpg

BKayrac
Premium Member

BKayrac

Premium Member

said by Jaybonaut:

I have not tried changing it, but that tool is pretty cool. I was using the Chicago one anyway, as I stream from WI:

»i.imgur.com/6s5ZbiZ.jpg

If chicago is dropping frames, try dallas. Those are the 2 I used to use from madison. If I remember dallas was the goto one.

If not, try VA. Just gotta switch servers until you find the ones that work alright for you.

Jaybonaut
Sheboygan, WI

1 edit

Jaybonaut

At 1800 it seems ok, but at 2000 even by downgrading it to 720p I still get the stutter:

»www.twitch.tv/jaybonaut/ ··· 07886313

If I have 4k upload why can't it handle 2000? Do they do any shaping?

Seems to lose most of the hitching at 1800 kbps.

BKayrac
Premium Member

BKayrac

Premium Member

said by Jaybonaut:

At 1800 it seems ok, but at 2000 even by downgrading it to 720p I still get the stutter:

»www.twitch.tv/jaybonaut/ ··· 07886313

If I have 4k upload why can't it handle 2000? Do they do any shaping?

Seems to lose most of the hitching at 1800 kbps.

Congestion on the charter network in your area possibly. I used to stream at 3k and had no issues other than many viewers not able to watch me

I still say try different servers.

Jaybonaut
Sheboygan, WI

Jaybonaut

Yep I've tried VA and TX. Same exact result.