All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MrJitters
join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters

[X1-X2] Cloud DVR Android App now available.

Sort of. I say sort of because it downloaded just fine to my Nexus 7 GEN2 running KitKat. However it will not download to my phone or wife's tablet running 4.2 with both saying they are not compatible. Here is a link to the app on Google Play.

»play.google.com/store/ap ··· cloudtvr

BigBearsFan
join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan

Same situation here.My phone will not be updated to Kit Kat so I have some decisions to make, you would think they would make these things backward compatable.Tvgo and other apps work on older platforms,so what gives unless it is just getting an Android app out in a hurry.Impressed with the speed it came out disappointed it only works on Kit Kat and above.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

it's not even showing up on my 4.1 phones as a download option. Stinks cause who know if my phones or tablet will be upgraded to 4.4.

MrJitters
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters

said by mikedz4:

it's not even showing up on my 4.1 phones as a download option. Stinks cause who know if my phones or tablet will be upgraded to 4.4.

Seeing as how, according to wikipedia, only 1.4% of all Android devices out there are running KitKat, Comcast will need to make this app work with at least 4.1. At least conventional wisdom would dictate that.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

Especially since alot of even newer devices might not get kit kat.
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

i chatted with comcast today who said it requires kitkat 4.4 or newer

MrJitters
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters

said by joejoejeo:

i chatted with comcast today who said it requires kitkat 4.4 or newer

Very limited KitKat exposure right now. Besides the Nexus devices which always gets the latest and greatest first, only a few Moto's and the HTC One have this version. I am sure Comcast will expand the availability. But when? That is always the question.