Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: [Coin Mining] Need input on a Litecoin mining rig

Seriously considering getting one of these. At least they are real. Shipped their 1,000th unit.

»cointerra.com/product/te ··· c-miner/

MineCoast
Premium Member
join:2004-10-06
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

said by Ian1:

Seriously considering getting one of these. At least they are real. Shipped their 1,000th unit.

That will only mine ASIC coins, which are not very profitable. It will not mine Scrypt coins, such as litecoin, dogecoin, etc.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by MineCoast:

That will only mine ASIC coins, which are not very profitable. It will not mine Scrypt coins, such as litecoin, dogecoin, etc.

That would pull in $140 a day after power in BTC.

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast

Premium Member

The only issue with BTC is the difficulty of the coin is rising so rapidly at the moment that it might be profitable today, but not 6 months from now. You'd also be stuck to only ASIC coins with that, so once all BTC coins are mined, or it isn't profitable, you'd be stuck with a paperweight. At least with Scrypt mining, you can switch coins as they are always releasing new coins and if the cryptocurrent market ever fails, you can sell the Scrypt hardware (GPU's) to recope some of your investment.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
said by MineCoast:

said by Ian1:

You mean SHA256 coins. ASIC is the type of equipment used to mine (Application Specific Integrated Circuit).

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08 to Ian1

Premium Member

to Ian1
My rule of thumb, spend only what you can afford. If you have to get a loan to buy it, dont buy it. Only spend what you're willing to lose. It also seems that the ASIC won't ship out till june. Will you be okay with that amount of cash out of your bank?
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to Ian1

to Ian1
said by Ian1:

said by MineCoast:

That would pull in $140 a day after power in BTC.

That won't ship until June so don't count on getting it until July. That is 4 months from now. Current trends show the bitcoin difficulty goes up 20% every 11 days. You need to calculate the profitability based on the projected difficulty in 4 months. When I do that it comes out to around $10 per day after power costs.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

1 recommendation

HarryH3 to MineCoast

Premium Member

to MineCoast
said by MineCoast:

... if the cryptocurrent market ever fails, you can sell the Scrypt hardware (GPU's) to recope some of your investment.

I see this remark come up often, but in that scenario eBay and craigslist would be flooded with millions of GPU's as all miners try to sell their cards. The current "supply and demand" pricing would be seriously reversed. (But it would suddenly become pretty cheap to build a gaming rig!)

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by HarryH3:

(But it would suddenly become pretty cheap to build a gaming rig!)

Yup! 3x7950 CF rigs would become the most common gaming rig on the market!

MineCoast
Premium Member
Pensacola, FL

MineCoast to HarryH3

Premium Member

to HarryH3
said by HarryH3:

said by MineCoast:

... if the cryptocurrent market ever fails, you can sell the Scrypt hardware (GPU's) to recope some of your investment.

I see this remark come up often, but in that scenario eBay and craigslist would be flooded with millions of GPU's as all miners try to sell their cards. The current "supply and demand" pricing would be seriously reversed. (But it would suddenly become pretty cheap to build a gaming rig!)

Hell, even if the cards go down to only $50, if you had 60 cards, at least you'd be getting back $3000

mk4111
@start.ca

mk4111 to drslash

Anon

to drslash
There are multiple SHA coins that are much easier to mine than BTC