spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GWCR
join:2009-07-15
Cedar Rapids, IA

GWCR

Weird Pace DC700X HD resetting issue

I have the whole house DVR service with two Pace DC700X HD boxes controlled by a Pace DC900X. Over the past few weeks, one of the 700's has started to spontaneously reset multiple times per day. It usually comes back in less than a minute, but sometimes a message comes on the screen the says the cable card has been removed and must be re-inserted. At that point I pull the power, wait 10-20 seconds and plug it back in. This clears it up, but pretty sure I'm going to need a new box as it is driving my wife crazy (thank God it didn't happen during Scandal last night...).

Anybody run into this before? Can I just take the box in and swap it out, or will a tech have to come out and do it since it is part of the whole home DVR package?

Thanks!
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth

Premium Member

Your problem could be the fact that the cable/connector and/or a splitter in your home leading to that one box is the problem, so a tech visit my be in order. You could try and switch the 2 700's and see what happens, which would eliminate a box or wiring problem.
PS: I don't have a whole house system, so you may want to wait for MediacomChad to respond.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to GWCR

Premium Member

to GWCR
I'll echo what wth said about the cable connector or splitter could possibly be the culprit. You can also swap the two DC700X to determine if this is a box or a cable outlet issue. There are a few refresh signals I can send from this end too that may help this. Shoot me a PM with the serial# of the box that is acting up and I can send that through.
GWCR
Cedar Rapids, IA

GWCR

Refresh signals didn't help. Swapped it out with the other 700. Still has same problem in the new location, so not an outlet/line issue. Looks like I need to swap out the box.

Anything special I need to tell them at the office when I take it in since it's part of the whole home dvr? Do I need another 700 to make it work, or just take whatever they give me?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

No special information is needed when exchanging the box at the local office. The representative will review the account and provide a box that will work with the services you're subscribed too. If you need anything else please feel free to let me know.
GWCR
Cedar Rapids, IA

GWCR

Got it. Thanks for your help!

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You're welcome GWCR.
GWCR
Cedar Rapids, IA

GWCR

Well, took the box to the office today to swap it out. Surprisingly (not really) they told me they had to send a truck to replace a multiroom DVR. Couldn't just give me one. So now my Friday afternoon will be spent playing the waiting game. Not sure why this has to be difficult...
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth

Premium Member

said by GWCR:

Well, took the box to the office today to swap it out. Surprisingly (not really) they told me they had to send a truck to replace a multiroom DVR. Couldn't just give me one. So now my Friday afternoon will be spent playing the waiting game. Not sure why this has to be difficult...

It's amazing even after 13 years into the 21st century of the amount of mis information between employees of Mediacom. So here's another Mediacom customer that took 4 hours off from work and didn't get his problem fixed.
GWCR
Cedar Rapids, IA

GWCR

I haven't spent 4 hours yet (that will come tomorrow). Assuming I get a good replacement, I'll be happy. Hey, maybe that truck will have a couple new Tivo boxes on it. Then I'd be really happy...

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

If you have any questions or issues once the tech competes his work, please let me know here.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to GWCR

Premium Member

to GWCR
To get TiVo you have to call Mediacom and set up an upgrade assuming it's available in your area. Pace multiroom and TiVo are 2 different services.

Swapping multiroom DCTs includes enabling MoCa and cloning the client and it's not just a matter of replacing the DCT.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Mediacom will ship the TiVo equipment to you ahead of the installation.
GWCR
Cedar Rapids, IA

GWCR to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
said by Anonymous88:

To get TiVo you have to call Mediacom and set up an upgrade assuming it's available in your area. Pace multiroom and TiVo are 2 different services.

Swapping multiroom DCTs includes enabling MoCa and cloning the client and it's not just a matter of replacing the DCT.

Yep. Took the tech a few tries to get it cloned and everything talking to each other correctly (did not get replaced with another 700...). Everything is working great now, and no more resets! Definitely not a swap out at the office thing.

The tech did recommend calling for the TiVo service. Said it is much better. Also said he thought it was less expensive by a couple $. I doubt it, but just passing on what he said. Under contract 'til November, so hopefully all the bugs get worked out by then.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Once your contract expires, let me know and I will look to see what is available.