spc
uniqs
tjmone
join:2011-02-01
Toronto, ON

tjmone to El Quintron

to El Quintron

Re: [Portal] Rate Limiting Options

If you don't like the reduced speeds, don't subscribe to the new option.

Seems pretty simple to me. I don't see why this is a pain point for you. Nobody is forcing you into it.

People who are subscribed to a 150mbs plan will probably tend to use the most data, so obviously TS is going to take a cautious route and be really conservative with this at the start.

Imagine if they started at 50% and found that it wasn't nearly enough to even out their usage. They'd have to reduce even further. From a business/PR perspective, it's much easier to give than to take away. If you're upset about this now, imagine how you'd be if they started you at 75mbs, then 25, then 15... You'd be up in arms for sure.

So be patient and be thankful that you're getting these options in the first place.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

2 recommendations

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by tjmone:

If you don't like the reduced speeds, don't subscribe to the new option.

Thank you for your wonderful contribution to this topic.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to tjmone

Premium Member

to tjmone
said by tjmone:

So be patient and be thankful that you're getting these options in the first place.

That's right. Never let a company know that what they're offering you doesn't work for you. Just keep your mouth shut and pay your bill.

C'mon man, he's not being unreasonable here. He's not threatening to call the media or shut down his account. He's trying to have an intelligent conversation.
tjmone
join:2011-02-01
Toronto, ON

tjmone

All I'm saying is look at it from TS's perspective.

They're doing a lot more than most other ISP's out there. They've said all along that this is a bit of an experiment and they'll adjust as things progress.

If TS over-estimates what they're able to deliver and has to pull back, it's much worse than under-promising and adjusting upward after they have some real-world data to work with.

It's fine to ask for more, or make suggestions, but think about it from another perspective. If this were your business and you had no idea how things would shake out, would you take a big gamble, or go a safe route that doesn't need to affect existing customers?

I have no doubt that these ratios will improve. But let's wait and see how this whole thing shakes out.