join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

1 recommendation

[Serious] Gonna get hammered -- again!

This is from Weather Underground; got this alert in a little bit ago.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 recommendation

Re: [Serious] Gonna get hammered -- again!

quote:
Well if you do, be SURE and get a Taxi home!
--
sudo is dangerous but root is death!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

2 recommendations

reply to jopfef

Winter Storm coming here, too, JoJo!

Hammering! PNW Style!

--
Join Team Helix

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

2 recommendations

Followed by brutally high temps!

--
Join Team Helix

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef

I hope you're planning on staying home, Jo!

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef

Oh, forgot to ask ... are you putting the driveway chairs out before, during or after the storm? I'm still learning about that. Nobody here seems to know.
--
Join Team Helix

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

3 recommendations

reply to squirt

said by squirt:

I hope you're planning on staying home, Jo!

I'm not planning on going anywhere! Once you leave this hill in bad weather, you have to walk up it to get home, unless you have 4-wheel drive. My doggies, kitties, and I are well-stocked on goodies for all of us; we'll be fine.

I'll be REALLY happy when this winter is over!!!
--

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage
reply to sortofageek

said by sortofageek:

Oh, forgot to ask ... are you putting the driveway chairs out before, during or after the storm? I'm still learning about that. Nobody here seems to know.

The only saving grace about this storm is that the temps will be much more moderate. Hopefully, the water line will stay intact this time; I'm not too sure I want to go through that ordeal again. The "driveway chairs" will stay on the front porch where they belong. Unless I need them again, of course!
--

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef

Jo, you're sending it this way when you've had enough, right? They are saying we're gonna git it Sunday night/Monday AM. I'm also tired of this, but it's mainly because I've got to trudge around on foot in it. The roads between here are the college are narrow and the traffic goes too fast and the other day a car literally rubbed against me while going past, they are crazy! I can't take the sidewalks because they aren't shoveled/plowed.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
reply to jopfef

Thanks for moderating temps, JoJo!

It appears we may need to stay up late if we want to catch a glimpse of our snow before it disappears!

--
Join Team Helix

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

said by sortofageek:

It appears we may need to stay up late if we want to catch a glimpse of our snow before it disappears!

You're welcome. We're supposed to get up to ten inches, starting tonight.
--

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

1 recommendation

May you all stay safe and the severe weather be over quickly. Just trying to help you laugh, 'cause I know laughter is good medicine.
--
Join Team Helix

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef

We were at 70 degrees earlier today and sunny. Rain tonight turning to sleet by 7AM then snow with accumulations of 6 to 9 inches.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef

My *snow* is finally coming down, but it is weird. I can see through it and it still turns green when it hits the ground!

Have your icicles melted yet, JoJo?
--
Join Team Helix

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

said by sortofageek:

My *snow* is finally coming down, but it is weird. I can see through it and it still turns green when it hits the ground!

Have your icicles melted yet, JoJo?

The predicted snow never arrived. All we have here is a whole bunch of frozen sleet on everything. YUCK. The dogs slide around in the yard when they're out, and I'm out with them, in case they get stuck.

It's bitterly cold tonight. It's 9 degrees right now, and it just goes right through you when you're outside; the wind chill is almost -20, and the wind is straight out of the North. There's also very light snow falling; it's the itty bitty stuff, and has barely covered anything.

National Weather Service is predicting 3-5 inches of snow later tonight. Judging by the radar, I'm inclined to believe it. We've dodged a bullet so far, but the second round coming up Hwy 44 is headed right at us.

I do believe I'm looking forward to the arrival of Spring!
--

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
Reviews:
·Power-Net Intern..

said by jopfef See Profile

I do believe I'm looking forward to the arrival of Spring!
[/bquote :

17 more days and about 6 more hours!
--
Whoever said that ignorance is bliss wasn't refering to a person with a computer at his fingertips!

Cure Disease with your computer

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to jopfef

Click for full size
Our weather is just about to hit. Fortunately we did not get any real rain before hond so it will be sleet and snow.

Still calling for 5 to 9 inches where I am. Debating on going into work and whether or not i want to get stuck there.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to jopfef

said by jopfef:

It's 9 degrees right now, and it just goes right through you when you're outside; the wind chill is almost -20

The wind chill was all the way up to -20 this morning. So I walked into work. One of the advantages of a 'dry cold' is that it doesn't feel all that bad
--
Jamais le mal n'aura le dernier mot. La foi et l'amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse