Search similar:

uniqs
gary364
join:2011-10-22
Lima, OH

gary364

[TV] how to get a new whole house dvr

hello
i have a speech problem and went on the chat asking, if i go to the local office to get a new whole house dvr they said yes, i went they said no i need a tech, so i got my mom to call and was also told go to the local office, as they don`t send a tech for a new dvr box, as my other dvr box work fine but the one wont recode some shows and the tech on the phone said it sound like a bad box so go to the local office, so i did maybe i got some one new but nope again they say i need a tech, she call for me again and was told i might get charge a truck roll fee, every one on the phone say local office, local office say tech, just wonder if any one went though this before or am i getting the run around don`t want to pay $50 for a tech to give me a new box, even ask if we can get a non whole house dvr so i don`t have to deal with this they said they can`t do that, thank you for any info or help

Youtoo
@verizon.net

Youtoo

Anon

Whole house dvr requires a moca filter that needs to be Installed on your line by a tech
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by Youtoo :

Whole house dvr requires a moca filter that needs to be Installed on your line by a tech

What happens if the MOCA filter is not installed? I have heard some people just go to the office and they give out the Whole House systems. Or in this case, do they just disable the MOCA by default?

Satch

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Satch:

said by Youtoo :

What happens if the MOCA filter is not installed? I have heard some people just go to the office and they give out the Whole House systems. Or in this case, do they just disable the MOCA by default?

Satch

IF you aren't paying for Multiroom DVR service the DVR's will act as normal DVRs as MoCA is disabled by default.

Whdvr
@verizon.net

Whdvr to Satch

Anon

to Satch
If no filter installed other homes on the same tap without filter can see your dvr contents and you can see theirs.

bradenmcg
join:2000-10-26
Cleveland, OH

bradenmcg

Have you ever experienced this firsthand? Unless it's a MDU situation, the MoCA signal isn't likely to make it all the way back to the pole, let alone through the tap and down to another house. MoCA simply isn't that strong, and since it's higher frequency it falls off more quickly than everything else.

While it's definitely a "best practice" to have a MoCA filter before the first split, it really isn't a necessity.