spc
Search similar:

uniqs
salguod
join:2013-02-17
Columbus, OH

salguod

UltraTV Remote Does Not Work Initially

I have UltraTV and 2 TVs in the house. In both, I have the WOW remote set to control the volume and power on the TV. In the one, it's an old SD TV and the WOW box and everything works fine.

On the other, our main TV, I have a 40" Samsung TV and a Sony surround sound. The WOW is programmed to power on the TV, the surround and the WOW box and control the volume on the surround. However, when I power everything on the WOW box will not respond to the remote. I have parental controls on so I need hit OK and then enter a code to get a picture. I need to press OK 10-15 times before getting to the code entry screen and then need to press the first digit 10-15 times, the second a few less and so on until the code is accepted. By the time the code is entered, or shortly after, the remote seems to work fine and I can use it normally. It's like the WOW box isn't paying attention at first, LOL.

I suppose I need to get a tech out to look at it, but I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience and what fixed it.