VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

2 edits

johnf2 to IrishHeart

Premium Member

to IrishHeart

Re: [Channels] Me-TV Philadelphia dropped from WFMZ 69 feed on FiOS Ch 470.

said by IrishHeart:

Since mid-afternoon, channel 2 is inaccessible in VHO8 (Philly). When I reported the issue, tech said it seems to be a system issue in my area. Screen error states that it is an HD channel and SD box won't read it. Someone goofed.

FYI, I'm in VHO8, Bucks County, got Me-TV on Ch 2 this morning (in SD), guide for Ch2 didn't appear until noon and since then Ch 2 is up and tunable but looks like a stretched feed.
If I try to make a series recording on Ch 502, it records on Ch 2, not Ch 502. They must be having a problem with the guide channel mapping or something like that.
I would hope Ch 2 would be SD and Ch 502 could also be SD unstretched, but that may feed and be VZ problem. Even though I'm just north of Philly, I can't get CH 2's OTA to check thatway. Will try to call VZ [again]tomorrow.

There is another channel mapping problem that has yet to be solved: I also reported here in VHO8 that the channel listing for Cozi TV, channel 460, appears in the guide correctly. However if you input Ch 460 while in the guide Ch 463 Antenna TV is displayed in the guide instead. Waiting to get that one corrected.

johnf2
IrishHeart
join:2014-03-21
SE PA

IrishHeart

I checked the TV with the SD STB this AM and channel 2 is still not correct. No sound and picture with HD box error in center of screen. Me-TV site has blurb stating they are all aware of issue and are seeking a resolution. HD 502 is fine.

Mike57
@rfbd.org

Mike57 to BusyProgramm

Anon

to BusyProgramm
Kind of have Me-TV on channel 40 in Mercer County NJ. I have a picture with no sound and it has the big HD icon on the screen saying my top box isn't HD compatible (which it's not) Weird.

Mikey57
@rfbd.org

Mikey57

Anon

Now on my bill it said that beginning May 1st Me-TV will move from channel 540 HD/ 40 SD to channel 2 SD and 502 HD(Mercer/Philly - Fios)

NY CBS 2 will move to channel 40 SD/ 540 HD.
IrishHeart
join:2014-03-21
SE PA

IrishHeart

I received a text that our issue on channel 2 having HD content has been resolved. I hope so....what a pain this has been!

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

1 edit

Steely to Mikey57

Premium Member

to Mikey57
I haven't seen or received any messages about CBS NY swapping channel positions with Me-TV Philly (which would bother me for some reason) but I did notice that the guide info is now present for Me-TV on channel 40 along with the standard "Press 'C' to watch in HD" message on the Info bar. The only thing missing is the network logo in the guide for the SD version of the channel.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

It's Now "Tuff TV"

Looks like WFMZ updated the feed to another new sub channel, Tuff TV.

Seems like a Mav TV type effort - skateboarding, etc.

I also noticed Get TV on 495.

Just my opinion, but these sub-channels are getting out of hand.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

Re: It's Now "Tuff TV"

said by SeattleMatt:

Looks like WFMZ updated the feed to another new sub channel, Tuff TV.

Yeah, noticed that a few days ago but didn't think much of it. Do we really need another lame "fill-in" channel?

I think Get TV has been around for a while and actually runs some decent older movies.

MUMMIFIED
@verizon.net

MUMMIFIED to johnf2

Anon

to johnf2

Re: [Channels] Me-TV Philadelphia dropped from WFMZ 69 feed on FiOS Ch 470.

FIOS could have negotiated and fought to keep MeTV. My understanding, from folks I've talked to, is that the change was greeted with apathy, which is a terrible shame. FIOS came close to dropping AMC as well, without much concern to keep it, but at least in that instance, people were alerted by AMC of what was pending. Unfortunately, the MeTV scenario was handled almost furtively, without hardly a peep from anyone.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

1 edit

ansky

said by MUMMIFIED :

FIOS could have negotiated and fought to keep MeTV. My understanding, from folks I've talked to, is that the change was greeted with apathy, which is a terrible shame.

What are you talking about? Fios did not drop MeTV. The network affiliation was transitioned from WFMZ to KJWP in the Philadelphia market. This was not a Fios decision, and MeTV is now on channel 502.
Strommy
join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA

Strommy to MUMMIFIED

to MUMMIFIED
said by MUMMIFIED :

FIOS could have negotiated and fought to keep MeTV. My understanding, from folks I've talked to, is that the change was greeted with apathy, which is a terrible shame. FIOS came close to dropping AMC as well, without much concern to keep it, but at least in that instance, people were alerted by AMC of what was pending. Unfortunately, the MeTV scenario was handled almost furtively, without hardly a peep from anyone.

Sorry but you're dead wrong on every count, Verizon had nothing to do with WFMZ dropping ME-TV. (ME-TV is back on channels 2/502 anyway). And the AMC thing was strictly about money/subscriber fees and AMC's GREED. Remember that every time your bill goes up, someone (i.e. US) had to pay for the extra money AMC demanded and got.

Steely
Premium Member
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to Mikey57

Premium Member

to Mikey57
said by Mikey57 :

Now on my bill it said that beginning May 1st Me-TV will move from channel 540 HD/ 40 SD to channel 2 SD and 502 HD(Mercer/Philly - Fios)

NY CBS 2 will move to channel 40 SD/ 540 HD.

Didn't happen on May 1st but now scheduled "on or after May 15, 2014" according to a new message on my STB.

Too bad. Channel 2 NY belongs on channel 2 (or 502) as far as I'm concerned.
Steely

Steely

Premium Member

Well, it's the 19th and no channel swap for Me-TV and WCBS...yet!
Steely

Steely

Premium Member

Bad move, Verizon.
said by Steely:

Well, it's the 19th and no channel swap for Me-TV and WCBS...yet!

D-Day has arrived.
fishacura
join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura to johnf2

to johnf2
Just to confirm...it is back correct?