join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

1 edit

FureverFurry

Premium Member

[Cust Svc] Has anyone used the "pay early" option?

I pay my Comcast bill as soon as it becomes available to pay online (e.g. populates with the amount) but it seems like it's taking Comcast longer and longer for that field to populate. Used to be able to pay on the 1st like clockwork; now it's the 3rd and nothing.

So ... has anyone used that "pay early" option? If so, did it get credited properly?

You'd think it would post and be credited properly, but CC seems to have loads of problems. My money tree withered away so can't afford to pay twice
Thanks.
--------------------------------------
UPDATE
Wound up doing the 'pay early' and it DID post.

bananaman
@comcast.net

bananaman

Anon

I generally do all my e-bills through my bank's site rather than the individual billers. Much easier to keep track of them all that way.

If you always pay it as soon as it appears, why not just set up auto pay?

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

said by bananaman :

If you always pay it as soon as it appears, why not just set up auto pay?

Autopay is bad news, and CC is more problem-ridden that other businesses. Reasons NOT to ever use autopay:
1. Takes several billing cycles to start;
2. It gives the business unlimited access to your account
3. It is up to the BUSINESS to stop autopay; not your bank.
4. It takes several billing cycles to stop - presuming the company puts through the stop.

Thanks anyway but I was wanting to know if anyone had used the "pay early".
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse

I have yet to have a single auto pay issue with Comcast, and I've had it for 5yrs now... and gives business unlimited access to what account? I set mine up to auto pay with a credit card, so if they would ever try anything fishy I can dispute it easy... when I set it up, it worked on my FIRST billing cycle... that whole it takes two or more to set up is complete BS anymore... it's just a CYA move by the company incase something would happen wrong..

DaveDude
No Fear
join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

DaveDude to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry
When i use autopay i use a temporary account number, which is tied to credit. So i am protected , by several layers. Never use autopay, and never use your checking account.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
49xxx

FureverFurry

Premium Member

Yup, I use a special debit card for just certain merchants (in this case a special one for CC).

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207 to FureverFurry

Premium Member

to FureverFurry
Sounds like a lot of extra work when it seems you could already be using your bank's bill pay service. It's usually free with a checking account. I get my Comcast bill sent via eBill as soon as it is available, or the next business day. I see how much Comcast is asking for, and I decide when to pay that bill. If there is ever an issue with the amount, I can settle this with Comcast before agreeing to send them any money. Like you, I pay my bills (all of them) immediately after receiving them. I have easy access to my complete bill history.

It's simple, and easy to manage.

I know you probably have your own reasons for sticking to your current method, but bill pay is like indoor plumbing for me. I can't see going without it from now on.

nightwalker
Nightwalker
join:1999-08-07
Chicago, IL
ARRIS SB6183
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Cisco SPA112

nightwalker to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry
Depending on your bank, they might have e-bills with your checking account. I setup electronic billing with Bank of America, who automatically pays my Comcast bill two days before the due date. I can cancel this at any time, as it's enrolled with my Bank and not Comcast.

Generally, I electronic pay all my bills two business days before the due date. That's about as 'early' as I pay.

ClockerXP
join:2001-05-24
Sterling Heights, MI
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear CM500V
Netgear C7100V

ClockerXP to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry
I'm currently with WOW but I use autopay with a 1.5% cash back credit card to lower my net expense. Never had a problem getting the autopay stopped quickly with either Comcast or WOW. Just a phone call does it. Been doing it this way for 15 years, no problems.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny to FureverFurry

to FureverFurry
Reminder: Topic is "Has anyone used the "pay early" option?"

Also, the OP was referring to that option on the Comcast site, account section.