All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dolphin1
join:2014-02-28

dolphin1

Moving from Manhattan to Brooklyn, Time Warner Internet Questions

We use earthlink cable here in manhattan. Switched from time warner to earthlink b/c of the price. Its basically same internet. We going to move to brooklyn and earthlink told me in order to have the new internet set up at the new place, we need to cancel the service first at the old place. They said call 1 week before you want the service canceled.

I want to get the new internet as soon as possible at the new home. They said i would have to cancel the internet at the old home first..... and once i do that... i no longer can use the internet at this place. Then it would take 5-7 business days to set up an appointment at the new place.

Is this completely normal and no way to get around this? They said its basically not possible to keep our current internet at our place while setting up an appointment at the new apartment in brooklyn. I wanted to have the internet at our place here then have appt set up at the other one then once thats set up, then cancel this current one.

Has anyone moved from one location to another with time warner internet or earthlink and tell me how this process went? Is this true? Most importantly, when you canceled your internet... how long did it took before the schedule date for the internet set up at the new apartment? Thing is i want to have it set up in the new apartment asap.

compsciphd
@lightpath.net

compsciphd

Anon

At least in the past when I moved around the corner, I just took my modem with me and plugged it in and it all worked

In your case, it appears there is a "we", presumambly that means account is one person's name already. worst case, open a new account for new address in other person's name. when you move, cancel old account.
dolphin1
join:2014-02-28

dolphin1

Yes if you move in same area, that would make sense that you just plug it in and it work.

When you say open new acct in other person name, you mean use someone else beside the person name that is on this account that way so then we wont need to cancel our current internet access?

Because the way they told me on the phone, u cant have cable service in the other place until you disconnect it at this current place.
Expand your moderator at work

compsciphd
@lightpath.net

compsciphd to dolphin1

Anon

to dolphin1

Re: Moving from Manhattan to Brooklyn, Time Warner Internet Questions

yes, just open service in someone else's name. you can probably do a transfer of liability after the fact if you want it in your name.