uniqs
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor to n2kb

Premium Member

to n2kb

Re: [Free] A good PDF reader to replace Adobe?

Yes Chrome has its own built in PDF plug in but its a bit basic. Should be acceptable if all one wants to do is view or save a PDF file.

Chrome Help PDF viewer: »support.google.com/chrom ··· 34?hl=en

scott2020
join:2008-07-20
MO

scott2020 to pdf

to pdf
A friend told me about FoxIt, so I installed it today. I wish I would have seen this thread first! I have spent the better part of the morning cleaning off the Conduit crap. Such a shame. I understand the need to make money from your work, but sneaking in garbage isn't the way to do it. I'll try one of the others mentioned here for sure.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to Kosh

to Kosh
I have not used Adobe in a few years now , but the reason i stopped using it was because of there update software service/process.

I seemed to have issues every time it wanted to upgrade the software. My PC would be acting funny so i would reboot and then i would get the Adobe Update popup. I would click OK to install the update and then it would require a reboot. I can not understand why a PDF reader would need a reboot after install (even after a reboot to install it), but the fact that every time before the install my PC would act funny some how i blamed it on the adobe update.

And +1 for PDF Xchange Veiwer
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to bennor

Premium Member

to bennor
Fx also has a builtin PDF Reader.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

To divert the tiopic a bit, how about alternatives to Acrobat for CREATING pdf's?

What's the choice for that, which may have many of the same features that Acrobat has (web capture, etc...)?

I use Nitro Pro 9, bought it mostly for working at the office since we are required to secure PDF's that we create (poverty law office need to redact and secure court pleadings) and our funder refuses to pay for PDF creation software that actually works.

NefCanuck
mr nobody
join:2004-12-02

mr nobody to scott2020

to scott2020
Steve Gibson of security now episode 446 talked about foxit on his show. said there is a lot of reports coming in of spyware/junk being installed along with foxit. looks like Sumatra is the new one to use. I am not sure what I would recommend.

looks like foxit has become bloat ware. much like adobe PDF viewer became many years ago.