Search similar:

uniqs
Fernboy61
join:2011-11-23
Quebec, QC

Fernboy61

[Wireless] Problem with E4200 V1

Hi guys,

I have a Linksys E4200 V1 and I've been using it in bridge mode for 2.5 years with Bell's Sagemcom. The E4200 only provides WiFi to the house. Everything was working well until last weekend when we started having random issues with the wireless in the house. It was on and off all the time. I started looking at the router only to notice that the WAN port is not working anymore. Actually it works randomly. Reset the router twice, rebooted it many many times changed WiFi channels a couple times, changed SSID, password, to make sure no one was hacking it...Nothing to do. I powered it off and transfered the WiFi back to the Sagemcom and everything works well so there's definitely something wrong with the E4200...Have you guys ever heard about a router dying suddenly like this? Anything I can do other than buying a new one? (Which I already did, ordered an Asus RT AC68U).

Any help appreciated...

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15

Premium Member

Sounds like nothing more you can do and it gave up the ghost. Routers can just up and die. I assume you are running the latest firmware version? You can also try 3rd party. But, if the WAN port is toast. I would say its dead.
Fernboy61
join:2011-11-23
Quebec, QC

Fernboy61

Firmware 1.05 build 7 of the top of my head.

Thanks for the reply.