spc
Search similar:

uniqs
georgeq1
join:2001-10-20
Folcroft, PA

georgeq1

[TiVo] Comcast not updating Tivo channel lineups

Comcast just made a channel lineup change on February 27 to the Delco, PA lineup but has not pushed the update to Tivo, therefore any season passes for some network OTA broadcast channels now record the wrong channels. You have to set up manual Tivo recordings to get around it.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

You may need to speak to TiVo about this issue as well »support.tivo.com/app/ans ··· a_id/211
»www.tivo.com/lineup.html

If you are able to access the new channels manually but the guide information is incorrect, then that's a TiVo issue. For some reason channel 447, 448, 449, and 450 which are music channels give me a "To be announced" message in the guide but I'm able to manually tune to them and their programming is there like it's always been.

camper
just visiting this planet
Premium Member
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

For something that is as important to a TiVo user's experience as the program guide, TiVo certainly does not seem to be all that excited about keeping it accurate.

mount laurel
@comcast.net

mount laurel

Anon

I use a TIVO Premiere in Garden State, NJ system and I have noticed that channels have not been added so quickly anymore. They did finally add the 4 new Music channels but not channel 2 or channel 788 for ME TV Delaware channel.

SeanWhite
@comcast.net

SeanWhite

Anon

What four new music channels?

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

MusicChoice rearranged, renamed, and added a few music channels several months ago.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to SeanWhite

to SeanWhite
said by SeanWhite :

What four new music channels?

»Re: [Content] So does Comcast ever add channels?

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to andyross

to andyross
Could you give examples? I missed this too.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

»corporate.musicchoice.co ··· el-line/
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse to georgeq1

to georgeq1
Isn't this more of the guide providers problem? Tivo nor Comcast control that.. Comcast just reports to the guide companies that xxx channel will be added on yyy date... Tivo just downloads the guide from their provider...

you should still have access to the channels as TiVo requires a cable card for digital cable, the card automatically pulls the channel map from Comcast, which is the same map your Comcast box gets... you just wont have guide data for it until the guide provider updates their service
georgeq1
join:2001-10-20
Folcroft, PA

georgeq1

Yes it's a guide providers problem, I can access the channels manually but that defeats the purpose of having a Tivo and season passes. It will record the channel that's in the guide but not the channel that it's moved to. You would think as noted above it's a simple hand off of information but if Comcast hasn't provide the info to start with, your dead in the water. I don't know for sure who dropped the ball, I'm just saying both Tivo & comcast should be checking that it took place, not us as consumers.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to dishrich

to dishrich
Ok so after going through the list, all the changes on MC are reflected on my TiVo and I've discovered that those four unknown channels from 447 to 450 is MC Singers & Swing, MC Easy Listening, MC Classical Masterpieces, and MC Light Classical. As I said before I'm still able to tune to them by entering their channel numbers or setting the guide to "all" but there's still no guide information on these channels and it's affecting all of my TiVo's.
hillyard
join:2002-07-04
Everett, WA

hillyard to georgeq1

to georgeq1
It is a tivo issue as they are the ones that receive payment from the user. I do not pay the guide provider I pay Tivo

SeanWhite
@comcast.net

SeanWhite

Anon

Let's not forget the TiVo as well as many other devices get it's a guide information from Tribune Media which I believe Comcast has some sort of connection to.

camper
Premium Member
Bethel, CT

camper to hillyard

Premium Member

to hillyard
said by hillyard:

It is a tivo issue...

Absolutely correct.

You, as a TiVo customer, should not be concerned about which third-party vendor TiVo uses for the guide data, or even whether TiVo does the guide in-house.

You should only be concerned about the quality of the data that TiVo provides in the guide they use.

And that quality is lacking. The fault for that rests squarely on TiVo.
suggy2004
join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA

suggy2004 to georgeq1

to georgeq1
When they re-arranged our channels in Montgomery county (PA), this is how I fixed ours:

1. Check zap2it.com for my channel lineup, Comcast had 2 for our area i checked both & i knew what changes were made
2. Reran guided setup from tivo using the guide info from #1
3. Channel were correct

darkadept
Premium Member
join:2002-02-17
Greenwood, IN

darkadept to georgeq1

Premium Member

to georgeq1
You could also open a ticket with Tivo to notify them of the mismatch of data. They will then work with Tribune to get the updated information pushed out to Tivo. I agree it seems to be a breakdown of communication between multiple companies and it shouldn't happen, however if you want it fixed sooner than later, then open a support ticket.

camper
Premium Member
Bethel, CT

camper

Premium Member

Here's the link I use for lineup problems:

»www.tivo.com/lineup.html