dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dolphin1
join:2014-02-28

dolphin1

Verizon FIOS 2 Year Plan vs Month to Month After Taxes Final Cost?

We are moving to brooklyn and going to go with optimum online or verizon fios as only those are available in the area. Optimum told me 50/month for 1st 12 months then 60/month afterwards and a 25 dollar activation fee. No installation fee. This is the 15/5 plan. They also said free wireless router and it has to be returned after cancellation.

I spoke to verizon fios on the phone and bit confused at their plans. They said the 15/5 plan which we want has 2 option, one is a 2 year plan and one is a month to month plan.

2 year plan which cost 36.99/month for the 1st 12 months. Then after that, its 15 dollars more. So 51.99/month for 13th-24th months. However, when i check online and input the address... how come it shows 34.99/month for the 1st 12 months and 54.99/month for 13th-24th months. They said the wireless router is free.

They said installation fees are 69.99. Is this correct for everyone?

Can someone tell me how much it cost per month after taxes and fees for the 1st year and 2nd year? So its 36.99/month for the 1-12th months in the 1st year but how much are the taxes? They told me taxes shoudln't be more than 5-6 dollars. Is this accurate? So then it would be 42-43 per month for 1st 12 months? The thing is don't they charge another 4.99 or 5.99 for the router rental though? Or am i wrong here? So wouldn't the monthly fee for the first year be close to 50/month or theres no fee for that?

So in the 2nd year, then its going to be 51.99/month plus tax which is like 7-8 dollars so its basically 60/month every month from months 13-24th?
dolphin1

dolphin1

They said if you do month to month plan with no contract then its 41.99 per month for 1st 12 months with 69.99 activation fee but after 12 months... its 80 dollars per month after that. Is this true? Because if so, wouldn't everyone cancel their verizon fios plan after 1 year?

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to dolphin1

Mod

to dolphin1
Please check your IMs. I am requesting you keep all your questions in this thread. It makes it easier for our members to help you.
dolphin1
join:2014-02-28

dolphin1

Okay im told if i order online, no activation fee waived and installation fees waived. Also told that wireless router is free but has to be returned when i cancel service in the future.

So they say 34.99 plus tax for 1st 12 months each, then its 54.99 per month for months 13 to 24 and its 2 year contract.

Month to month plan is 39.99/month for 12 months up to 1 year... reason is b/c the home previously had verizon fios so its cheaper, and this is month to month and u can cancel anytime and activation, installation and wireless router is free.

So wouldn't it be better to get the month to month one since its basically cheaper than the 2 year agreement and of course u can cancel anytime?

Someone said 2 year contract is good b/c u know how much it will cost at fixed rate from months 1 to 24 but with month to month u wont know in the future. But after 1 year, assuming its 39.99 per month, that would be cheaper than the 2 year plan though.

Thoughts on which one is better? 2 year or month to month?
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Order online to not get hit w/ install fees. You can always make changes on the phone afterwards and not get hit if you need to.

If you sign up w/ 2 year there is a rolling $10/month termination fee $240 down to zero), and it looks like the "penalty" is only $5 a month for month-to-month.

You are in the best possible pricing, so I say lock it in because in other areas they have already started assessing the $5/month router fee. This assumes you plan on staying or moving to a location w/ FiOS for 2 years.

While others have stated that will be for new users only, eventually in a year or so Verizon will start getting the regular population.

What is CV offering for speed for $50 to $60?
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87

said by elefante72:

If you sign up w/ 2 year there is a rolling $10/month termination fee $240 down to zero), and it looks like the "penalty" is only $5 a month for month-to-month.

I thought the termination fee was raised by Verizon to $360? »Verizon's FiOS ETF: $360 Starting January 17 [162] comments
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Just checked still $230 in my area (after 30 days).

Come to think of it, considering if you are a long-term customer the ETF on renewal is downright obscene.