Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

1 recommendation

Free TS3 for DSLR

For the longest time, I set up a Skype server. It had great quality, but it lacked several things. It's quite resource intensive with more than 5 people in a call. It lacked the ability to host several rooms, and it wasn't something that everyone used.

After the LAN party, I decided to go with a public-hosted option for TS3. I would like to promote DSLR folks playing together and joining a single lobby for whatever their needs are, to get people more acquainted and hang out together.

For that reason, I have a 50-slot TS3 server set up. Please PM me for the host/port/password. I don't want this listed on a public board. I ended up putting a password on the server because some idiots came in and tried to claim this was their server. Let me know what rooms you want set up (in addition to what's there). If more than 50 slots is needed, I can grow the server to a pretty ridiculous level.

Feel free to use this for any DSLR-related (and your friends) purpose.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
Thanks again for letting us use it when Titan Fall comes out. As I have never used Team Speak before, I was curious how it worked.

Specifically, I wanted to set it up so we could have two squads. Each squad could talk individually to eachother without hearing what the other squad was saying, but one person could talk to both.

Is that possible? Does it make sense?
--
The last bastion.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I believe TS3 allows for people to create their own temporary sub-channels. I could make a TitanFall channel and then you guys could set up as many sub-channel as you wanted that would expire a few hours after you left. Then you can set up squads however you liked.

As for multi-channel communication, you would probably have to google that shit or run multiple TS3 clients.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to Savious
It's possible, but from memory, it's not something that they made easy and requires a bit of silly workarounds.

You should probably look at TS3 Channel Commander or TS3 whisper lists.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Archivis
Savious is talking about the same thing I mentioned during our NS2 match as marines: Squad leaders need to be on comms with the commander and each other, but then also be on comms with their own squad.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
said by Krisnatharok:

Savious is talking about the same thing I mentioned during our NS2 match as marines: Squad leaders need to be on comms with the commander and each other, but then also be on comms with their own squad.

Exactly.
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
At the LAN party, we crushed the other room of more experienced FPS gamers in Natural Selection 2 because Arch played the RTS commander role and myself and another took on squad leader roles at the tactical level. We had two teams of 2 protecting resource harvesters and then a team of 3 roaming to harass.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
I've been getting halfies thinking about Titanfall strategies like that.

Phalanx formation in Last Titan Standing with Vortex shields!!!!
--
The last bastion.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Krisnatharok
Best Commander NA.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Savious
If you haven't, you should definitely check out NS2. You can even role in an exosuit as the marines--dual miniguns or claw+railgun.
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Im not buying anything for a bit, I feel Titanfall is all I really want.
--
The last bastion.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
I need a new gaming laptop for next year.
--
"I just wanted chili" - Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by Jobbie:

I need a new gaming laptop for next year.

You liked my laptop...

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
ho you doin'?

Your laptop is nice, I should have started to use it earlier in the weekend to get into the NS2 fun times.
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Archivis
Where are the god damn pics of this LAN event? What happened? How many microwaves were destroyed?
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

1 edit
Antonica took the pictures...

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
No microwaves were destroyed, we had a single overload because a washing machine.

Also KrisN tried to kill me.
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
said by Jobbie:

This requires elaboration.
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
I make a poor drink mixer when the party is well underway.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Savious
said by Savious:

said by Jobbie:

This requires elaboration.

It was between 3 and 5 in the morning. We were drinking Monster with vodka and KrisN went made me one of those but ran out of Monster a quarter into it, so he just filled the rest with more vodka.

I tried it and was really strong but finished anyways, 5 minutes later I was passed out for the night.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
And then Antonica took a Sharpie to him.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

1 recommendation

Let's not talk about the sharpie.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

It was between 3 and 5 in the morning. We were drinking Monster with vodka and KrisN went made me one of those but ran out of Monster a quarter into it, so he just filled the rest with more vodka.

I can't believe I'm going to say that Vodka makes anything delicious (except for maybe cheese) but in the case of Monster, I'd say the more Vodka the better.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Jobbie
Oh, the pics will be epic.
said by Jobbie:

Let's not talk about the sharpie.

--
The last bastion.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
I forgot to take a pic of the sharpie Fail.

I'll see about giving arch the SD card from the camera tonight so he can put up the pics.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Archivis
So is Aftershock_conf officially dead on Skype? We have officially switched to TS? At least it wasn't Mumble, god the horrors of setting that up...

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
Whatchu talkin about? Mumble took me all of 5 seconds to set up last time I used it.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Were you around for the aborted Aftershock GW2 launch? It was a PITA.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
No, I only used it for Planetside 2 with another clan. No idea about server side of things... but on the client side, I saw no difference between TS and Mumble.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by ekster:

No idea about server side of things... but on the client side, I saw no difference between TS and Mumble.

I tried setting up the server side of things when I got fed up with xfire, and I couldn't do it, it was extremely annoying.

EQ
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have