uniqs
share rss forum feed

Noiche
Premium
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP
reply to Savious

Re: Free TS3 for DSLR

I haven't used TS since TS1 was around, but I do know with Vent, the thing you are talking about is called ghosting. As an admin of the server, you could be in 1 channel, and ghost to as many other channels as you wanted, and set a separate keybind to talk in that channel.

If memory serves (since I haven't used Vent in a year or 2), there was also an option to set up keybind and input specific name/ips and when you talked, it would only be heard by those that you set up, and same for them.

I'm not sure if any of this will help with TS3, as I haven't had any dealings with TS in years. But hopefully this will give you some insight into what to look for or keywords or such. Not sure if you'll need admin rights or not, though.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Antonica

Better review them first, who knows whats on that card...
--
The last bastion.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02

I'll leave that up to Arch :P

@ KrisN - Yeah it's dead. We finally plugged the PC back in last night but when Skype loaded I told him to exit out. It used a shit load of resources which isn't good for our home theater pc and all the streaming that comes from it :P

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

RIP, ice cream cone vodka bottle.
--
The last bastion.

Antonica
Premium

That wasn't ice cream cone, that was whipped cream

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Ahh yes. Either way, it was not Jonny Walker.
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

I bought a bottle of Benjamin Prichard to bring with me but forgot. Now i have to finish it myself.

Ant, I think the Captain Morgan's Select is still in your fridge door.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

So is Aftershock_conf officially dead on Skype? We have officially switched to TS? At least it wasn't Mumble, god the horrors of setting that up...

I'd like for it to be dead, so I can let my HTPC be a HTPC. Skype would chew up 15-20% CPU on an i5 with 7 people and 1.5GB of RAM.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Krisnatharok

I cant drink anything but Jonny Walker. The rest all taste like Bud Light to me.
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

You're missing out on a great bourbon:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_P···_Whiskey

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

Well if he won't check it out, I will. I've never met a bottle of Bourbon I wasn't interested in knowing.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
kudos:3
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

For that reason, I have a 50-slot TS3 server set up.

Did you apply as a non-profit to get a license for the 50 slots?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

reply to El Quintron

said by El Quintron:

Well if he won't check it out, I will. I've never met a bottle of Bourbon I wasn't interested in knowing.

About to enjoy a glass of it myself as soon as I clock out.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON

Yum.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
reply to Krisnatharok

All this talk of drinks...

I guess I will see about finishing one of the amaro bottles when I get home then.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

You're missing out on a great bourbon:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_P···_Whiskey

Next year, bring your finest, and I will bring some Jonny Walker Blue. We'll sit back and have a cigar and some drinks.
--
The last bastion.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Ian

No. If you look at what you have to go through to apply the non-profit, I'm not even close to qualified.

Antonica
Premium

Not sure if you guys are taking about paying for it or not but yes we have to pay for it :P

cat666

join:2013-04-26
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

I ended up putting a password on the server because some idiots came in and tried to claim this was their server. Let me know what rooms you want set up (in addition to what's there). If more than 50 slots is needed, I can grow the server to a pretty ridiculous level.

I bought a Vent server and within minutes 3 people who obviously knew each other connected and wondered who the hell the two of us were and what the hell we were doing on their server. In the end we had to password protect ours too.

I'm assuming the companies who rent the servers don't wait very long after expiry before reusing them, and don't bother changing the ports or anything sensible to stop this sort of thing happening.

I've just rented a Mumble server, and found it much better than Vent.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

The guy who came on sounded like that one fat nerd who rages at stuff all the time. He had that lisp-can't-breathe type voice and he was very adamant that this was not our server. His buddy came on and was spamming channel jumps and stuff until we banned him.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Did you pull the "if this is your server, why am I about to ban you?" question on them?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Antonica did until she handed me the headphones. I tried to be diplomatic about it until the end, but the guy logged off by then at the same time we banned his buddy.
--

Antonica
Premium

Good luck coming on to tell us how it's your server when there is a password on it and you can't get in... Mr. "I'm 2nd in command of blah blah blah". Good to know.

Ian
Premium
ON

2 recommendations

reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

The guy who came on sounded like that one fat nerd who rages at stuff all the time.

I am almost positive that there may be more than one of those.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Antonica

Not that this is any of my business so feel free to not to answer me, but how much is it to rent the server? Is it something that someone can reasonably afford on their own, or does it have to be a group purchase?
--

Ian
Premium
ON
reply to Archivis

I set up a TS3 server on my VPS for fun (and maybe Ventrilo backup if my kin's vent server dies mid raid). Don't have a mic at work or anyone else to test it. If anyone has time, would appreciate someone verifying that it works with the codec setup.
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

Antonica
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to El Quintron

There's a free way to do it, and we were doing that on our home theater pc until we had to give that to someone to use as a computer and moving the TS Server to our linux box didn't work out the way we wanted it to. It was easier to just rent a server than to spend more time on making it work for free. I think it's like $15/mo? for the 50 slot one.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

1 recommendation

reply to El Quintron

»www.gameservers.com/teamspeak_servers/

Here's a link to the pricing from where I got mine. $12.71 for a 50 slot. Something we can easily afford at this point. If we start requiring a 250-slot server, we'd have enough people to easily donate for resources.
--

cat666

join:2013-04-26
reply to El Quintron

said by El Quintron:

Not that this is any of my business so feel free to not to answer me, but how much is it to rent the server? Is it something that someone can reasonably afford on their own, or does it have to be a group purchase?

I bought my guilds Mumble server hire. 25 slots was $22.50 for one year so perfectly affordable by one person.

I'm websensed at work but the site was Multiplay and if I recall the prices got cheaper the more slots you had so 50 slots wouldn't have been more than $45. I only needed 10 slots, but the price difference between Mumble and Vent allowed me to get the extra 15 just in case we do flex raids.

EDIT: Just found my invoice for the previous years Vent server, that was $28 for 10 slots for a year.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

Here's a link to the pricing from where I got mine. $12.71 for a 50 slot. Something we can easily afford at this point. If we start requiring a 250-slot server, we'd have enough people to easily donate for resources.

That's completely reasonable. I would like to join the rest of DSLr when I have more time, but it's good to know that this is a completely affordable option should I require it down the line.

EQ
--