share rss forum feed

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4
reply to Archivis

Re: Free TS3 for DSLR

Thanks again for letting us use it when Titan Fall comes out. As I have never used Team Speak before, I was curious how it worked.

Specifically, I wanted to set it up so we could have two squads. Each squad could talk individually to eachother without hearing what the other squad was saying, but one person could talk to both.

Is that possible? Does it make sense?
--
The last bastion.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I believe TS3 allows for people to create their own temporary sub-channels. I could make a TitanFall channel and then you guys could set up as many sub-channel as you wanted that would expire a few hours after you left. Then you can set up squads however you liked.

As for multi-channel communication, you would probably have to google that shit or run multiple TS3 clients.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to Savious

It's possible, but from memory, it's not something that they made easy and requires a bit of silly workarounds.

You should probably look at TS3 Channel Commander or TS3 whisper lists.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Archivis

Savious is talking about the same thing I mentioned during our NS2 match as marines: Squad leaders need to be on comms with the commander and each other, but then also be on comms with their own squad.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

said by Krisnatharok:

Savious is talking about the same thing I mentioned during our NS2 match as marines: Squad leaders need to be on comms with the commander and each other, but then also be on comms with their own squad.

Exactly.
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

At the LAN party, we crushed the other room of more experienced FPS gamers in Natural Selection 2 because Arch played the RTS commander role and myself and another took on squad leader roles at the tactical level. We had two teams of 2 protecting resource harvesters and then a team of 3 roaming to harass.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

I've been getting halfies thinking about Titanfall strategies like that.

Phalanx formation in Last Titan Standing with Vortex shields!!!!
--
The last bastion.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Krisnatharok

Best Commander NA.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Savious

If you haven't, you should definitely check out NS2. You can even role in an exosuit as the marines--dual miniguns or claw+railgun.
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

Im not buying anything for a bit, I feel Titanfall is all I really want.
--
The last bastion.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

I need a new gaming laptop for next year.
--
"I just wanted chili" - Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

said by Jobbie:

I need a new gaming laptop for next year.

You liked my laptop...

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

ho you doin'?

Your laptop is nice, I should have started to use it earlier in the weekend to get into the NS2 fun times.
--

Noiche
Premium
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP
reply to Savious

I haven't used TS since TS1 was around, but I do know with Vent, the thing you are talking about is called ghosting. As an admin of the server, you could be in 1 channel, and ghost to as many other channels as you wanted, and set a separate keybind to talk in that channel.

If memory serves (since I haven't used Vent in a year or 2), there was also an option to set up keybind and input specific name/ips and when you talked, it would only be heard by those that you set up, and same for them.

I'm not sure if any of this will help with TS3, as I haven't had any dealings with TS in years. But hopefully this will give you some insight into what to look for or keywords or such. Not sure if you'll need admin rights or not, though.

markc99

join:2014-03-05
Etters, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

At the LAN party, we crushed the other room of more experienced FPS gamers in Natural Selection 2 because Arch played the RTS commander role and myself and another took on squad leader roles at the tactical level. We had two teams of 2 protecting resource harvesters and then a team of 3 roaming to harass.

Do we have to relive this again?

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by markc99:

Are those grapes still a little sour?
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to markc99

said by markc99:

said by Krisnatharok:

Hey I said you guys were more talented FPS players.
--

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02

This is the only reason why I'm with Arch -> He carries me in whatever game we play

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

ouch.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

said by Krisnatharok:

ouch.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Mid or I pay child support.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

So I am expecting great things from you in BF4, Arch. Get on it.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I really think it's either BF4 or Titanfall. Not both.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Everyone already owns BF4.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Isn't "Everyone" also buying TF?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

If everyone is Savious and Jobbie, then yes. The rest of us are "wait and see." Titanfall is really Hawken + Call of Duty + Mirror's Edge parkour. The Hawken mech-play and COD gunplay are virtually unchanged from those respective games.
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Archivis

Its the next best thing. Don't buy bf4, its poop.
--
The last bastion.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Krisnatharok

I fucking love Mirror's Edge.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

If everyone is Savious and Jobbie, then yes.

THEN YES MUTHAFUCKAAAAA!
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Archivis

Then youll like the movement as a Pilot in Titanfall. If you find a good route, you could technically run around the entire map without ever touching the ground.
--
The last bastion.