dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Nightfall

to Nightfall

Re: Elder SCrolls Online NDA has been lifted!

said by Nightfall:

There have been 3 betas so far with at least one more planned before release. I have no idea about a free trial after release, but I would assume one is coming. So to say that there isn't a "free trial" when there have been 3 so far with at least 1 more before release isn't accurate.

You can't call betas free trials. The first two were apparantly very unpolished and wouldn't have been a fair representation of the game.

I'm reading all sorts of reviews, people here are raving about the weapon ability system in a positive manner. I take that on board, but I don't like that sort of system so it's not something I'll rate highly. On the flip side people have said how they are disappointed in the graphics (bionicRod I think) yet I think the graphics look very good in the things I have seen.
said by Nightfall:

You can call it a pet peeve of mine, but I just find people who do reviews on games they haven't played to be a bit disingenuous. Especially those that trash the game based on "reviews they have read" as if they are being impartial.

I'm not reviewing anything. I'm just saying that based on the reviews I've read and the videos I've seen that I can't justify the cost on a game which seems to be no different to the rest of the MMO's. I'd rather make sure it's a game I want to play before spending the cash, just like you'd check out reviews and people's opinions on a car before even going for a test drive. The difference is that with a car the test drive is free, with an MMO you don't get the game price back if you don't like it.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

On the flip side people have said how they are disappointed in the graphics (bionicRod I think) yet I think the graphics look very good in the things I have seen.

Yeah the graphics were a mixed bag in the last beta build, with some areas looking great and others not so much. I didn't know that wasn't the latest game build, so it will be interesting to see if they have added some polish.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by TheBionic:

said by Cat5:

On the flip side people have said how they are disappointed in the graphics (bionicRod I think) yet I think the graphics look very good in the things I have seen.

Yeah the graphics were a mixed bag in the last beta build, with some areas looking great and others not so much. I didn't know that wasn't the latest game build, so it will be interesting to see if they have added some polish.

Polish and bug fixes. I hope that they do something about grouping as well. Grouping is one of the main things I will be doing when the game is released. In its current form, its frustrating.
Nightfall

Nightfall to Cat5

MVM

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

You can't call betas free trials. The first two were apparantly very unpolished and wouldn't have been a fair representation of the game.

I can call the 3rd beta a trial since everyone who wanted a key could get one, but I do agree with you just based on the lack of public keys available.
said by Cat5:

I'm not reviewing anything. I'm just saying that based on the reviews I've read and the videos I've seen that I can't justify the cost on a game which seems to be no different to the rest of the MMO's.

Ok, fair enough. I stand corrected in my statement. You are correct that you aren't reviewing the game and just saying that it isn't worth the risk. Sounds reasonable, and I apologize.

At the same time though, I think this game is worth trying out. See if you can get into the next beta period. I will send you a key if that is what you are lacking. If you are lacking time, I can't make that for you.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Nightfall:

Ok, fair enough. I stand corrected in my statement. You are correct that you aren't reviewing the game and just saying that it isn't worth the risk. Sounds reasonable, and I apologize.

At the same time though, I think this game is worth trying out. See if you can get into the next beta period. I will send you a key if that is what you are lacking. If you are lacking time, I can't make that for you.

No worries. As you can probably tell I'm really wanting there to be a new "WoW" in my life. I do still enjoy WoW but at the same time I feel I should move on.

I held off on SWTOR as I got bad vibes after the same sort of following, but did play the trial then. In the end I was proved right and SWTOR bombed. I'd love ESO to be a success but yeah, I'm going to have to see how it goes.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

No worries. As you can probably tell I'm really wanting there to be a new "WoW" in my life. I do still enjoy WoW but at the same time I feel I should move on.

You should check out Wildstar. Big WoW vibe there.

Cat5

Cat5

said by TheBionic:

Yeah I'm paying it close attention but it's not got anywhere near the amount of hype as ESO. Hopefully that will change once a solid release date is given and I'll look in more detail then.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

said by TheBionic:

Yeah I'm paying it close attention but it's not got anywhere near the amount of hype as ESO. Hopefully that will change once a solid release date is given and I'll look in more detail then.

Wildstar is the most anticipated MMO right now. Beating out ESO by and large. It's even MMOHut's chosen game.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

TheBionic

Premium Member

The problem with 'wanting a new WoW' is that whatever you play isn't going to be WoW. It might be similar to WoW, but if that's what you're looking for there are already a bunch of options and you're not playing any of them for whatever reason. My point is you're probably going to keep finding fault in every game because it's not WoW, even though you profess to want a new MMO in your life.

Cat5

Cat5 to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Wildstar is the most anticipated MMO right now. Beating out ESO by and large. It's even MMOHut's chosen game.

It doesn't appear to be on the news sites anywhere near as much as ESO is. Maybe I'm looking at differing things.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

said by Ghastlyone:

It doesn't appear to be on the news sites anywhere near as much as ESO is. Maybe I'm looking at differing things.

Hmm, I know they had that up there at one point as their most anticipated MMO. Maybe because ESO is so close to release now, they changed it.