Search similar:

uniqs

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

1 recommendation

morbo

Geoblocks and nanny state

Australia seems to be this odd perversion of the internet as it exists elsewhere. Quickflix (never heard of until today) is the Netflix equivalent but just for Aussies?

Let me complain loudly about how geoblocks by IP and devices that use GPS to tattle my physical location are incredibly annoying. To get access to MLB playoff games, I had to buy VPN access in Europe and then buy the MLB international subscription. Even then, the experience was sub-par. I've never had to try so hard to give a company my money.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

Kearnstd

Premium Member

said by morbo:

Australia seems to be this odd perversion of the internet as it exists elsewhere. Quickflix (never heard of until today) is the Netflix equivalent but just for Aussies?

Let me complain loudly about how geoblocks by IP and devices that use GPS to tattle my physical location are incredibly annoying. To get access to MLB playoff games, I had to buy VPN access in Europe and then buy the MLB international subscription. Even then, the experience was sub-par. I've never had to try so hard to give a company my money.

Meanwhile the sports leagues spend millions to squash pirate streams inside the US and do not provide a similar service of their own inside the US. It is like they do not want the money but complain about losing money when they could be making it.
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan

Premium Member

said by Kearnstd:

It is like they do not want the money but complain about losing money when they could be making it.

I read a long time ago somebody was saying that business could write so-called "piracy losses" off of their taxes.

I wonder if they were joking or not. You never can tell these days